Payout question/gripe

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Some1notu

Payout question/gripe

Post by Some1notu » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:07 am

Why is it that matured balances are not paid once matured?

"Balances mature every day at 12:00AM ET. Each day, mature balances exceeding the payout threshold (see the next section) will be added to the payout list."

But the full matured balance is never paid out. It only pays matured balances from the past mining day. If it is matured(confirmed) then why doesn't it pay out ALL the matured balance? Crypto is very dynamic and having to wait 24 hours is not optimal. PAY THE MATURED BALANCES AS PROMISED!
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Payout question/gripe

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:59 am

The documentation states that we promise payouts the next day, but do not commit to a time.

There are a number of reasons why we don't promise a specific payout time. First, the bitcoin network is limited by its block size, and that causes delays in receiving withdrawals from exchanges. Second, if luck was poor the previous day, it's possible that the blocks confirmed at midnight may not be enough, and we need to wait until 6am to get enough blocks confirmed. Remember that even if a block is found on a given day, it is often not confirmed for 6 or 12 hours later, so we don't have the entire day's money available at midnight. Viacoin, for example, requires thousands of blocks for confirmation. Third, even if the blocks are confirmed, we still need to send the altcoins to the exchanges for sale, requiring us to wait for others to mine those blocks.

Finally, bugs sometimes still affect the payouts. We have a complex accounting system that will fail if there is even a slight discrepancy, and it has since Monday, because YoBit returned an "invalid nonce" error. When problems like this happen, they are assigned to be fixed the next Saturday or Sunday - and payouts executed manually in the evenings until then.

Hopefully you can understand why we don't promise a time of day for payouts. However, we have paid out within 24 hours every day for many months and plan to continue to do so. Feel free to respond if you have any more questions.
Some1notu

Post by Some1notu » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:11 pm

I'm not really asking about time. What has been happening to me is I mine, let's say .08, then .08 more. The whole .16 will show as mature, but I'll get a .08 payout. Next 24 hours mine .08, .16 once again is mature, I get a .08 payout and .08 stays in my balance as mature. By "mature" I thought that means confirmed. If it is confirmed is should be paid.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:21 am

I'll take a look into this. It may just be a problem with terminology and clarity, or perhaps the math on the screen is wrong but the payouts are correct. What's supposed to happen is that the full balance up until midnight the previous day is paid out during the next day.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:39 pm

Thanks for pointing this out - this is an error in the website that we need to correct. The mature balance should be all money earned before 12:00AM today minus all payouts. Right now, it seems that it is just identical to the balance, which is wrong.

We need to cut off earnings at 12:00 AM because a few minutes later we withdrawal money from the exchanges to our wallets. This is why we can never pay the balances earned between 12:00 AM and the time you receive your payout, the leftover money.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:23 am

Hi Some1,

I investigated this problem and resolved it. The changes are in the testing queue for Chris to certify. Once he certifies them, we plan to include the changes in the next release.

Thanks for helping us discover this nasty bug!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:02 am

Chris pushed the changes to production and verified them, so this task is now closed.