XMR Hardfork to the RandomX Algorithm

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
keydric

XMR Hardfork to the RandomX Algorithm

Post by keydric » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 pm

November 30th is the date I see online. Is that fork going to be implemented here on Prohashing?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: XMR Hardfork to the RandomX Algorithm

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:17 am

Thanks for pointing this out.

I'm going to ask Vance whether this change will be simple or difficult to implement. As you can see, our CryptonightR hashrate is pretty low, so it my cost much more to implement the new algorithm than we could earn by mining it.

I'll post an update next week once we've performed this investigation.
keydric

Post by keydric » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Any update on supporting this?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 pm

keydric wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:25 pm Any update on supporting this?
Unfortunately, because the fork is occurring during the holiday, we will not be able to complete the work in time and Monero will be mining disabled later this week.

We'll update everyone next week once we've completed our additions and fixes of coins for other algorithms as to whether we will be supporting the new Monero algorithm.