IOST address problem

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
XXXJAYXXX

IOST address problem

Post by XXXJAYXXX » Mon May 27, 2019 11:12 am

I keep getting a notification telling me to update my IOST address to a mainnet address.. I have tried several times with different formats and different wallets... the system will not accept a mainnet address for IOST. This is also causing the issue of not being able to update/modify ALL payout address's.. as the IOST error causes all other info to not be saved. Please fix this.. would be nice to get that IOST payout after months of it being locked on the site...
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: IOST address problem

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed May 29, 2019 7:12 am

I apologize for the frustration. The website was still validating IOST addresses as if it were an Ethereum token, which is why you couldn't enter one of the new chain addresses. I have fixed this and you now should be able to enter the new address. Please let me know whether it works now.
XXXJAYXXX

Post by XXXJAYXXX » Wed May 29, 2019 9:36 pm

Hi Chris, The format for the address has updated and now shows "Address" and "Destination tag"... however.. it will still not accept the IOST address format.. I have tried 2 different address's including the bissiost main wallet for voting.. and a huobi wallet as well (Huobi wallet is recommended on the IOST website).. Both of these addresses should work.. but both give me the same error.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 31, 2019 8:59 am

XXXJAYXXX wrote:Hi Chris, The format for the address has updated and now shows "Address" and "Destination tag"... however.. it will still not accept the IOST address format.. I have tried 2 different address's including the bissiost main wallet for voting.. and a huobi wallet as well (Huobi wallet is recommended on the IOST website).. Both of these addresses should work.. but both give me the same error.
Please submit a support ticket about this issue. I think that this may be a bug in the system. Once you submit a ticket, the bug can be tracked and assigned to Vance for resolution as soon as possible. Thanks!
XXXJAYXXX

Post by XXXJAYXXX » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:53 pm

I submitted a support ticket months ago... never got a reply....
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:59 pm

XXXJAYXXX wrote:I submitted a support ticket months ago... never got a reply....
As far as I'm aware, the queue was at zero two months ago. Are you sure that you didn't miss the reply in your inbox?
XXXJAYXXX

Post by XXXJAYXXX » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:45 am

Ticket submitted April 16th. First response was 5 days ago on May 29..
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:54 pm

I'll bring this forum post to Chris's attention and he will respond as soon as possible.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:01 pm

I talked with Chris. This token was discontinued because it moved from ERC20 to a separate blockchain, and we don't anticipate demand being high enough to justify the cost of implementing the new system.

You will have to talk with Chris about a final manual payout.