Profitability and orphan rates

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Some1notu

Profitability and orphan rates

Post by Some1notu » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:22 pm

On your charts page down where it lists the different coins stats........does your profitability figure take into account the orphan rate and is this reflected in coin switching?

I realize to many that seems like a silly question, but I asked it once on a major pool and they were NOT taking it into account. Sometimes I would see them mining away at almost 100% orphan rate. :shock: I finally had to remove the high orphan rate coins from my mine-able list until he figure out how to do the proper calculations.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Profitability and orphan rates

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Yes.

This is one of the reasons why, when another customer asked about using our statistics, I said that our profitability numbers would not be applicable to what they could earn by switching coins manually.

Also, our orphan rates are slightly off right now, because a change we made last week had unintended consequences. We'll be releasing a quick fix tonight to bring them closer to reality.