Market goes through the roof... Profits decrease?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
XXXJAYXXX

Market goes through the roof... Profits decrease?

Post by XXXJAYXXX » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:39 pm

Noticed a huge spike in earnings last night as the coins started to take off... Woke up this morning to find the "error" had apparently been corrected... only now at the end of the day I see I earned about 10% less today than I did yesterday... Seems fishy.....
PolakCrypto

Re: Marke goes through the roof... Profits decrease?

Post by PolakCrypto » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:51 pm

yeah im def not meeting my target today despite prices going up. Wondering if prohashing has some updates that cant keep up with the price increase so suddenly.

Hopefully if thats as such we get reimbursed later.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Market goes through the roof... Profits decrease?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:00 am

Chris discovered a bug in the share inserters that caused some shares not to be inserted. He was not able to determine the cause of the problem, but issued manual corrections and will continue to monitor the system today to see if the issue recurs.
XXXJAYXXX

Post by XXXJAYXXX » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:45 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Chris discovered a bug in the share inserters that caused some shares not to be inserted. He was not able to determine the cause of the problem, but issued manual corrections and will continue to monitor the system today to see if the issue recurs.
Thanks for the update Steve!
XXXJAYXXX

Post by XXXJAYXXX » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:50 am

If it helps at all... The night that I saw the spike.. my profits had increased by about 1500% instantaneously.. I assumed it was an error and was not surprised to see the next morning it had been corrected. I know Chris made some changes the last time this happened... maybe it was those changes that were the "cause" of the share issue? Just a shot in the dark in case it might help :-)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:47 pm

XXXJAYXXX wrote:If it helps at all... The night that I saw the spike.. my profits had increased by about 1500% instantaneously.. I assumed it was an error and was not surprised to see the next morning it had been corrected. I know Chris made some changes the last time this happened... maybe it was those changes that were the "cause" of the share issue? Just a shot in the dark in case it might help :-)
The problem was a Dash "superblock." These superblocks occur on the second of each month and require some of the block reward to be paid to other addresses.

We weren't aware of that, so these blocks were erroneously interpreted as owing all that reward to us. We were finally able to figure out what the problem was after I posted a message to the Dash developers, and we checked in changes to the mining server to resolve the issue permanently. It will be released sometime later in April, before May 2.