List of Cryptonight (ASIC) coins for olkah.

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CSZiggy

List of Cryptonight (ASIC) coins for olkah.

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:30 am

Cryptonight (ASIC) -- listed the following coins using the algorithm Cryptonight (ASIC).

B2Bcoin (B2B)
 Balkancoin (BKC)
 BeFrank (BFR)
 Bitcoal (COAL)
 Bold (BOLD)
 Bytecoin (BCN)
 Crepcoin (CREP)
 CROAT Coin (CROAT)
 Dero (DERO)
 DinastyCoin (DCY)
 Electroneum (ETN)
 Geem (GEEM)
 Geldum (GDM)
 Incognito (INC)
 Karbo (KRB)
 LithiumBit (LBIT)
 LuKa (LUK)
 Newton (NCP)
 Pennykoin (PK)
 PluraCoin (PLURA)
 Qwertycoin (QWC)
 Sumokoin (SUMO)
 TycheCash (TYCH)
 Video Games (VGC)
 X12 Coin (X12)
 Xeonbit (XNB)
 XsuByte (XSU)

If the ASIC version of cryptonight was released, these are the coins that should be available to mine. Chris would need to check which if any of these coins are being traded by the exchanges that service the pool. Since it would allow ASIC miners and not just CPU/GPU mining, I would assume the hashrate applied would be magnitudes larger than the constantly changing ASIC-resistant algos used by Monero. While Monero might be a very popular coin and might be worth a higher value for sale-trade the very nature of its mining means it will likely generate a lot less hashrate, which means less payout, which equates into less income for the pool.

I do agree with Olkah, adding the original cryptonight algo and advertising that it is up and running would most likely attract a much higher return for the pool. Also with 20+ coins even if one of them forks or jumps algos, the rest would still be there generating profits, unlike Monero when it jumps and takes a week to get fixed to come back up.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: List of Cryptonight (ASIC) coins for olkah.

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:02 pm

The problem with Cryptonight is that it requires a lot of effort to get the coins operating. For example, Electroneum can only be used with manual payouts because it corrupts its wallet sending transactions. Bytecoin is the anchor coin for CryptonightV1 but has a different block template format I need to implement. Many of these other coins are not traded at exchanges that accept US customers, or they have locked wallets, or the exchanges don't have the right API calls.

I want to get back to Cryptonight in a few months, but right now I want to focus on automated testing, adding the remaining 6 top-20 payout coins, and adding exchanges to improve profitability of existing algorithms. Many businesses have failed because they lost focus on their core product. Look at Purse.io, which had to can its mobile app because customers were leaving due to bad buyers, and Shapeshifter, which fired 1/3 of its employees because they were doing unnecessary stuff.
CSZiggy

Re: List of Cryptonight (ASIC) coins for olkah.

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:16 am

Check if any of these exchanges can be used and which coin pairs they have.

https://www.cryptunit.com/exchanges

see if https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/sistemkoin/ can be used for trading, they show they have a API.