r= values for Zeus miners

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Some1notu

r= values for Zeus miners

Post by Some1notu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:07 pm

What are the suggested r= password values to optimize Zeus miners?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: r= values for Zeus miners

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:22 pm

Our Zeusminers would have times around 0.35 seconds; that would be a good place to start.
loszhor

Post by loszhor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:49 pm

I do not know what the best "r=" setting would be but to give you something for your time. I have a 15 mh/s Zeus and "d=2048" seems to be the best setting for me.
Some1notu

Post by Some1notu » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:13 pm

I'm running r=.35 but when I check the details of each miner it says 100% restart penalty :/ I don't really want to use a d= value since I'd rather the stratum set a diff each particular miner can handle.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:32 pm

A 100% work restart efficiency is great - it means that you mining optimal coins and making the most money possible. You are no slower than the average miner on the pool.
claydigger

Post by claydigger » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:34 pm

What is the best way of determining the r= value for Titan miners? Based on what I have seen here on the forum r=.8 has been recommended, but I haven't found any instructions for measuring and finding my own optimal work restart value. As far as difficulty, I have used both d=8192 and d=16384 but was also thinking about letting the pool set my difficulty rate, but had wondered if others had any experience with trying variable difficulty and if they found that using a set difficulty rate gave them better performance.
kires

Post by kires » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:18 pm

I got those values by seeing what was assigned for me when I let the pool determine the values. Now I specify difficulty explicitly because I feel like it's more efficient than having it determined by a period of sub-optimal mining. (whether that's objectively the case to any meaningful degree, though, I'm not sure) If you leave the difficulty blank, you'll see your workers' difficulty climb to 16384 and hang there until the next time they start up, and if you leave the restart time blank, you'll notice that it usually hangs out at around .8, albeit with dips and spikes. So if restart testing is problematic for you, .8 is probably the best for titans, as far I can tell.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Chris is wrong, which is good for you.

A 100% efficiency means that you are more efficient than the average miner. The average miner's efficiency is listed as the "average work restart efficiency." That's something less than 100. If you maintain 100% efficiency, you earn a bonus of (100 - average efficiency)%, which can be as high as 2%.