Block (Orphaned not credited)but shown in the explorer that i mined it

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
HaithamSleem

Block (Orphaned not credited)but shown in the explorer that i mined it

Post by HaithamSleem » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:50 am

(solo mining) block 8263508 for DigiByte not credited but shown in the explorer that i mined it
Also another problem in the past 24 hour my L3 show me that it found 2 blocks(solo mining DigiByte) but it not shown in prohashing account ,even it's not shown as orphaned blocks
thanks for your time
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Block (Orphaned not credited)but shown in the explorer that i mined it

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:54 am

Thanks for the report. I looked into this issue and determined that Digibyte simply has a very high orphan rate. The SHA-256 blocks are usually confirmed, but whenever it is possible for scrypt miners to mine a block, the Digibyte network has a huge influx of scrypt hashrate and most of the found blocks for scrypt are orphaned.

The mining servers already consider a coin's orphan rate when it decides which coin to mine, so the pool is still making profit despite all of these orphaned blocks. I'll perform some research into whether we might be able to get more connections to our nodes to reduce the number of orphans, but unfortunately I think that the high orphan rate is simply a fact of life for Digibyte.
HaithamSleem

Post by HaithamSleem » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:37 pm

Thanks for your replay
I am sorry for my bad english, i mean that it was not an orphaned block becouse the explorer of prohashing it self said that the block was mined by prohashing (my user name) , in the details of shairs in my account in my(selected recent shares)said that the block was accepted, all the data by prohashing said that was accepted block not orphaned except in this field(Historic Found Blocks)changed to orphaned not credited , and every time i found an orphaned block , it was directly classified as orphaned or after few minutes from founding it but in this block takes a day then changed from(immature) to (Orphaned, not credited)
and as i said i found the block in (solo mining)
and according to the data by prohashing , orphan rate of Digibyte for scrypt algo at the moment is 6.97% not so high like Verge ,more than 42% as a example
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:08 pm

HaithamSleem wrote:Thanks for your replay
I am sorry for my bad english, i mean that it was not an orphaned block becouse the explorer of prohashing it self said that the block was mined by prohashing (my user name) , in the details of shairs in my account in my(selected recent shares)said that the block was accepted, all the data by prohashing said that was accepted block not orphaned except in this field(Historic Found Blocks)changed to orphaned not credited , and every time i found an orphaned block , it was directly classified as orphaned or after few minutes from founding it but in this block takes a day then changed from(immature) to (Orphaned, not credited)
and as i said i found the block in (solo mining)
and according to the data by prohashing , orphan rate of Digibyte for scrypt algo at the moment is 6.97% not so high like Verge ,more than 42% as a example
Hi Haitham,

I'm reviewing this issue now and it seems like there's been an increase in orphan rates that only seem to affect scrypt Digibyte blocks. I added some more connections to the daemon to see if that would resolve the issue, but we won't have enough data to determine that for a day.

In regards to the orphan rates, sometimes it is possible to determine that a block was orphaned immediately, because the daemon received another block from a different pool between the time you sent the work to us and the time we receive it. In other cases, both we and another pool send our own blocks at around the same time, and it takes a while before we can determine which pool's block is on the canonical blockchain.

I'll get back to you tomorrow morning about this issue, once enough time has elapsed to gather more data on the fix I tried.