Payout delays

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Some1notu

Payout delays

Post by Some1notu » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:55 am

I'm beginning to wonder if you are using an abacus to calculate payouts, writing it down using charcoal on papyrus, and sending it by runner to my wallet. Why does it take 6+ hours to send a friggin payout? If a pool can payout promptly every hour, why does it take prohashing so dang long?(no, I don't want hourly payouts. I want my matured balance sent just after midnight when matures are calculated)

Also as noted in another post.....why don't you show the CURRENT profitability instead of yesterday's old news?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Payout delays

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks for your comments. The payout timing is based upon several factors:
  • Exchanges require time to process withdrawals, and then additional time is required for the blockchains to confirm the withdrawals to our wallets.
  • If we paid out every hour, we would spend too much on transaction fees to remain profitable. Some customers have also complained about hourly payouts because such frequent payouts mean that they themselves would have to pay higher transaction fees when they spend the money.
  • We are a pay-per-share pool, so we don't always have enough money available in the morning to pay all miners on unlucky days. Infrequently, when there isn't enough money available, we need to pull money from our bank accounts to pay miners, and that takes time.
We try every day to issue payouts as early as possible, but only guarantee that payouts will occur sometime during the following day. Hopefully this answers your question.

In regards to the current profitability, we used to display current profitability until October 2014. Current profitability is not very meaningful, because it changes many times per second. When a very profitable coin becomes available, current profitability can rise above $1, and then fall back to a few cents two seconds later as the difficulty of that coin increases. The figure became misleading to customers because if someone visited during one of these periodic bonanzas, it would look like they had the potential to make that much money all day. This "current profitability" figure is provided by our API, if you are interested.

When we realized that current profitability was misleading, we then tried to compute average profitability over the past 15 minutes. Unfortunately, we quickly discovered that it takes as long as five minutes to compute that value, so the database was under heavy load and the value was only available 2/3 of the time. Therefore, we decided in the end that a daily profitability figure was the best balance between accuracy, performance, and avoiding the misleading of miners.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.
Some1notu

Post by Some1notu » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:52 am

Thanks for the explanation, but it is normally far more than 6+ hours...more like 2 days. The 6+ hours figure is just from midnight to when "a" payment gets sent. Right now it is 9:47am my time and no payment has been sent.

Earned Bitcoin 0.01562903 Payout on 10/4/2015 10/3/2015 earned on the 3rd, says it will pay out on the 4th......got paid on the 5th:
Payout Bitcoin -0.01562902 To: 1N1tDayCxWDJhUUub99MY2W4dBf5fovieS
ID: 24774c0d8a41d4bc7ac4fd17a43f8be0e314b3a2e61698398bfe3ccea7d5c03c 10/5/2015

This is true for most of my payouts. Why does it take two days? Today I'll get a payout from coins mined at least two days ago. With the way BTC prices go crazy, having to wait two days to get my BTC is rather nerve wracking.

Maybe you could do a one hour or even 4 hour profitability ;)

One last thing.........why oh why do you have a timeout set on the "Earnings" tab? I want to be able to check my miners from time to time without logging back in.........so I have to resort to using a page reloader which spams your site.
Some1notu

Post by Some1notu » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Maybe I'm missing something in your payout system, but it has been over 36 hours since I was last paid and am still owed for coins mined the 4th that were to be paid the 5th. Moving on until you straighten it out or show me what I'm missing. BTC is the highest it's been in weeks, but my coins are in your wallet.
CptPajamas

Post by CptPajamas » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:58 pm

While I don't agree with the OP and know you guys have your hands full with everything, just a heads up that there do seem to be delays with payouts recently; sometimes the previous day's payouts don't come until the evening.

Today, for instance, there has been no payout. While the matured balance keeps growing (and let it, from my point of view) having them predictably regular would definitely help out the miners.
Some1notu

Post by Some1notu » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:49 pm

CptPajamas wrote:While I don't agree with the OP and know you guys have your hands full with everything, just a heads up that there do seem to be delays with payouts recently; sometimes the previous day's payouts don't come until the evening.

Today, for instance, there has been no payout. While the matured balance keeps growing (and let it, from my point of view) having them predictably regular would definitely help out the miners.

My matured balance doesn't grow, or at least hasn't all day while I've been watching it. What normally happens for me is I will have a balance with very little matured, then at midnight quite a bit matures, then many hours later a payout is sent based on the matured balance. During that delay the matured stays very low again until the following midnight. This makes it very hard to determine exactly what has been mined if I didn't write down the coins in balance vs matured balance.

Example: Bitcoin 0.02695660 $6.69 0.01490127 0.00806354 <---------the 0.01490127 has been there since my last payout 38 hours ago. The 0.02695660 was of course lower and grows during the mining day.

When I do the math, I'm eventually being paid the correct amount. I'm not saying I'm being cheated. I'm saying my coins are taking way WAY too long to be paid.....which CptPajamas is experiencing also.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Chris is looking into this problem now. His computer shut down, just like mine did, and we think it's another graphics card failure.

All of these 7970s were used for scrypt mining in December 2013 and are in the same lot, so there probably isn't a coincidence that one computer after another is failing. As soon as he can get the computer online, he'll be looking into this within hours.

We apologize for the delay.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:56 pm

We have fixed the problem with the payouts and sent the delayed balances. When we changed the trading code to deal with Cryptsy's new withdrawal fees, Steve inadvertently introduced a bug that caused the payout script to not iterate through all the coins.

Future payouts will be in the morning as they should normally be, but as Steve said, it's not going to be possible to pay out earlier than that.
Some1notu

Post by Some1notu » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:57 am

Has this problem cropped up again? No payment since the 22nd. Bitcoin 0.02479845 $6.99 0.01905116 0.00709597 3 minutes ago

Earned Bitcoin 0.01290509 Payout on 10/23/2015 10/22/2015

I realize my mining is quite small, but with btc at a several month high, I'd like to be paid promptly. I'm already mining at a loss.
valta4065

Post by valta4065 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:39 am

I am not getting payouts either, it should be every morning but its not happening anymore on this site for some reason so I will go somewhere else till it is fixed