Password alert!

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Rakly3

Password alert!

Post by Rakly3 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:56 am

Hello!

First off, I am NOT blaming prohashing.com !

That being said, my password on the site (not forums) changed and I didn't do it.
I'm pretty sure, like 99.99% because I use Lastpass.

Nothing really changed, ie payout addresses, but I just wanted to report it just in case there are more issues like this.

I realize the problem might be on my, or Lastpass' end. But like I said, this is just a FYI.
Password reset worked without any issue.

With kind regards.
Me.
CSZiggy

Re: Password alert!

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:02 am

Do you have 2FA enabled?

While it's not required, the pool has reported never having any issue with a secured account that uses 2FA to verify and allow access.
If you do not have it turned on you may want to.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:36 am

moreover, support documentation states accounts that have not turned on 2FA will not be reimbursed for lost income due to password breaches
Rakly3

Post by Rakly3 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:25 pm

TBH no I don't have 2FA enabled. I have to many already and google didn't put a search function in the app! hehe
But I'll go turn it on now.

I did check every address and they are all mine still.
ctan6611

Post by ctan6611 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 am

My account was compromised and my wallet address has changed. I did not have 2FA being turn on and the hacker then turn on the 2fa on my account. Now I am not able to get back my account any more even with lost password link, because when I tried to reset the password it ask for 2FA and I do not have it. Is there any other way I can get back control of my account?
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:01 am

I would suggest contacting the support ticket system.

You should always use a unique password for each account. Reusing passwords is a great way to get hacked and lose access to accounts. If you are able to prove ownership by transferring coins back from the account the coins were paid to as a verification they might be able to get you back into your account. But I am not sure they will do anything if the account was not originally protected with 2FA. Submit a support ticket and find out.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:18 am

ctan6611 wrote:My account was compromised and my wallet address has changed. I did not have 2FA being turn on and the hacker then turn on the 2fa on my account. Now I am not able to get back my account any more even with lost password link, because when I tried to reset the password it ask for 2FA and I do not have it. Is there any other way I can get back control of my account?
http://support.prohashing.com

do not use prohashing login, create new login.
do not mine on prohashing unless youre using a new protected account
wait for a responce from ticketing system