Solo Mining?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Apexseals

Solo Mining?

Post by Apexseals » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:02 am

Can no longer solo mine after switching from one coin type to another.

Help section says there are limits to switching coins, but i cant imagine hitting the limit after switching from one solo coin to another over the span of a few days.
Apexseals

Re: Solo Mining?

Post by Apexseals » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:48 am

Since i can't do much because i don' have the right permissions to private message or chat with other users: I was soloing Digibyte then swapped to BitcoinScrypt and that's when it failed.

Now no matter what I try to solo mine, my antminers show a 'dead' status until i remove the coin arguments.

I suspect this has to do with the fact that my S9's were solo mining coin1 and my L3's were solo mining coin2 and that triggered something on prohashing side to block my connections with coin arguments.

FWIW, I'm fairly confident this is a deliberate block from prohashing, automated or manual.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:00 am

BitcoinScrypt had an un-announced fork with little to no notice, so it was taking OFFLINE

can read more here:
Re: Automatic bot miners on the pool??

Until fixed it just wont be minable, after the server upgrades Tuesday when pool is offline for 12 hours.
Maybe a week after that Steve said.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:07 am

Apexseals wrote:Since i can't do much because i don' have the right permissions to private message or chat with other users: I was soloing Digibyte then swapped to BitcoinScrypt and that's when it failed.

Now no matter what I try to solo mine, my antminers show a 'dead' status until i remove the coin arguments.

I suspect this has to do with the fact that my S9's were solo mining coin1 and my L3's were solo mining coin2 and that triggered something on prohashing side to block my connections with coin arguments.

FWIW, I'm fairly confident this is a deliberate block from prohashing, automated or manual.
This issue is caused by BitcoinScrypt, not by solo mining.

BitcoinScrypt had a fork and the developers provided less than 24 hours' notice, costing the pool hundreds of dollars. It will take about 7 days to get all of its blocks, to reindex its block explorer, and to resume mining.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:38 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Apexseals wrote:Since i can't do much because i don' have the right permissions to private message or chat with other users: I was soloing Digibyte then swapped to BitcoinScrypt and that's when it failed.

This issue is caused by BitcoinScrypt, not by solo mining.

BitcoinScrypt had a fork and the developers provided less than 24 hours' notice, costing the pool hundreds of dollars. It will take about 7 days to get all of its blocks, to reindex its block explorer, and to resume mining.
probably should also mention here that mining bitcoincashSV is not possible to to error "The coinbase address for this daemon is invalid."