ReCAPTCHA problems

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
derbagni

ReCAPTCHA problems

Post by derbagni » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:09 am

Did something change? I am unable to login half the time because the recaptcha is either not accepting any responses or is so slow to be barely useable. I went through 20 recaptha pages and it never let me login. What is going on?
GregoryGHarding

Re: ReCAPTCHA problems

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 am

dont be a bot ;)
derbagni

Post by derbagni » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:01 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:dont be a bot ;)
That would definitely solve the problem! But it happens on my phone, and every computer I try, even on different networks, so it is very frustrating.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:48 am

maybe someone on your network has failed the recaptcha too often
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:13 pm

derbagni wrote:Did something change? I am unable to login half the time because the recaptcha is either not accepting any responses or is so slow to be barely useable. I went through 20 recaptha pages and it never let me login. What is going on?
Can you specify which page you are on?
Any screenshots?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:28 pm

derbagni wrote:Did something change? I am unable to login half the time because the recaptcha is either not accepting any responses or is so slow to be barely useable. I went through 20 recaptha pages and it never let me login. What is going on?
Could you post a screenshot of the issue you're having, so that we can begin an investigation?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:53 pm

if you fail so many, or your ip subset has had issues in the past getting a correct captcha, google likes to throw tests at you constantly, try using google chromes incognito mode, it could be a tracked cookie by google telling recapcha your a robot
derbagni

Post by derbagni » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:18 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:if you fail so many, or your ip subset has had issues in the past getting a correct captcha, google likes to throw tests at you constantly, try using google chromes incognito mode, it could be a tracked cookie by google telling recapcha your a robot
This fixed it. I generally use a VPN so that could be part of it, but I could also have a cookie causing problems. It is just a bit weird that it is so many different devices that have different IPs and browswers. Either way, Incognito mode worked like a charm and I passed on the first try without it throwing 50 more at me.

I will clean up my browser cookies and see if that makes a difference as well.

Thanks!