Ethereum Payouts

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
MistyWaters

Re: Ethereum Payouts

Post by MistyWaters » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:29 pm

We have no problem paying back a mistake caused, as we know the expense would be greater to you versus other pools.

However, a forum post doesn't suffice in my opinion as doing your due diligence to inform ALL customers of this issue. I am curious as to why you didn't send a simple email to our account? We would have received the information instantly as the email goes to several of us.

I have visited this forum maybe once in the 8 months or so we've mined here, an email should have been sent.

You have yet email us back the details of our specific over-payment, with timestamps and information showing how the debt total was calculated. Without this information, you can be guaranteed we will not be coming back. However if you reply to the email with that information showing how it was calculated, we will come back after you fix your ethereum payout issues. By ethereum payout issues, I mean no more missed ethereum payments due to low gas fees, resulting in us creating a new ticket asking where the ether payment is.

Best,
Misty
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:35 pm

the people kicking up a stink over this is confusing me... if your employer over pays you one biweekly payment due to an hour entry error, your guaranteed it will be taken off your next paycheck. you dont get free money for free and not have to give back whats in error. doing so is called theft, especially when its been communicated to you that you are in debt. if i were the bros, id use those tax docs you signed to send collections to owners of accounts that dont pay back their debt. since the pool operate legally, they have no reason not to other than a bit of extra work.
MistyWaters

Post by MistyWaters » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:51 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:the people kicking up a stink over this is confusing me... if your employer over pays you one biweekly payment due to an hour entry error, your guaranteed it will be taken off your next paycheck. you dont get free money for free and not have to give back whats in error. doing so is called theft, especially when its been communicated to you that you are in debt. if i were the bros, id use those tax docs you signed to send collections to owners of accounts that dont pay back their debt. since the pool operate legally, they have no reason not to other than a bit of extra work.
Except we the miners are the employers to mining pools. PH gets paid with my hash in the form of 5% fee's. Amazon doesn't debt you when a item is sent to you by mistake.

Binance didn't debt users effected by phishing attacks, they instead payed it off and fine-tuned their system to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I am sorry some of you feel defensive with my opinions on this matter, however with our ether payout issues this year and the lack of any email informing us, we are annoyed to say the least.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:34 pm

MistyWaters wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:the people kicking up a stink over this is confusing me... if your employer over pays you one biweekly payment due to an hour entry error, your guaranteed it will be taken off your next paycheck. you dont get free money for free and not have to give back whats in error. doing so is called theft, especially when its been communicated to you that you are in debt. if i were the bros, id use those tax docs you signed to send collections to owners of accounts that dont pay back their debt. since the pool operate legally, they have no reason not to other than a bit of extra work.
Except we the miners are the employers to mining pools. PH gets paid with my hash in the form of 5% fee's. Amazon doesn't debt you when a item is sent to you by mistake.

Binance didn't debt users effected by phishing attacks, they instead payed it off and fine-tuned their system to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I am sorry some of you feel defensive with my opinions on this matter, however with our ether payout issues this year and the lack of any email informing us, we are annoyed to say the least.
The reason that we did not send any E-Mails is because we don't have permission to send E-Mails to you for any reason other than password resets, and because E-Mail addresses are not required for all customers. You can see the documentation at https://prohashing.com/help.html to review how we severely limit the use of the data we have. For example, we state that W8-BEN information, after we verify the address exists, will never be looked at by any person unless required by court order. You can see that the documentation does not request permission to send correspondence to you by E-Mail.

I'm not knowledgeable about what happened in the Binance case. It sounds to me as if they were the subject of some sort of hack, which is different than this case. We have never been hacked and if we were, we would indeed be liable for losses incurred in the hacking as described in the documentation.

Finally, as you can see, the documentation states that in the case that an error is made in the customer's favor, the customer is to end up with 15% more than (s)he should have earned during normal mining conditions. The price of ETH fell by about 15% today, so debts in ETH apply this policy as stated. There is a checkbox at signup that acknowledges that customers have read this documentation.

Again, I'm really sorry for the miscommunication, but I'm sure that you can understand that all of the procedures being used have been clearly explained in the documentation. I was hoping that you would consider our 15% bonus policy, which is not offered by most other pools, as fair, and again I apologize for the trouble.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:45 pm

MistyWaters wrote:Except we the miners are the employers to mining pools. PH gets paid with my hash in the form of 5% fee's. Amazon doesn't debt you when a item is sent to you by mistake.

Form 1099-MISC (United States Customers)
To comply with United States Internal Revenue Service regulations, Prohashing issues 1099-MISC forms to its customers yearly each January. Since we rent hashrate from customers (who are independent contractors), use it to mine blocks for ourselves, and pay contractors a fixed rate for the product they are renting, these forms are required by US law to be distributed to all customers (who live in the United States or who meet some other conditions) and who earned more than $600 during the previous calendar year.

Misty, check the documentations, on this pool you are a contractor, not an employer.
MistyWaters

Post by MistyWaters » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:11 pm

Don't want to burn any bridges and be blacklisted by you guys in the future, so we pointed hash power back today to pay off the debt. Understandable how issues will arise with payouts and such when running a mining pool, glad you guys are atleast fixing the issues we were having.

Best,