Ethereum Payouts

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
MistyWaters

Ethereum Payouts

Post by MistyWaters » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:59 am

Anyone else have payout issues consistently with Ethereum on Prohashing?

It seem's they are sending the bare minimum gas fee's which causes the transactions to to get stuck.

Can PH not increase the gwei amount to prevent this from consistently happening? I usually send with 40 gwei, not 3.

The savings using a lower gwei are in the pennies.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Ethereum Payouts

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:38 am

MistyWaters wrote:Anyone else have payout issues consistently with Ethereum on Prohashing?

It seem's they are sending the bare minimum gas fee's which causes the transactions to to get stuck.

Can PH not increase the gwei amount to prevent this from consistently happening? I usually send with 40 gwei, not 3.

The savings using a lower gwei are in the pennies.
The problem over the past few days has been overpayment, due to the client becoming de-synced from the network for an unknown reason. Chris had to delay payouts until the overpayments were charged to customers.

The overpayments have now been recorded, and code has been added to prevent future instances of this bug. That means that normal ETH payouts should resume today.

In regards to the gas costs, the problem with that is that the gas costs have been rising recently. It seems that after hitting a low, transactions across all chains have been trending upward over the past few months. The gas costs are usually sufficient at the time the transactions are calculated, but by the time they are published to the network, they end up being insufficient. That's an issue we'll have to address after the Thanksgiving holidays, and I apologize for that.
MistyWaters

Post by MistyWaters » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:14 pm

This is quite confusing. It shows us at -.70 eth... we have to pay this back to you?

Please reply to the email
MistyWaters

Post by MistyWaters » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:27 pm

moving all hash off PH until email is replied.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Yes...one day instead of getting 1 coin, the pool messed up and sent you 2 coins.
So now they are saying you owe that 1 extra coin back to them, hence the -.7 left to repay.

So the question is....if a store gives you back too much change for a purchase...do you let the cashier know or hide it in your pocket and pull one over on the store? Sorta of an ethical question. Are you an honest soul? Do you believe in Hell? Do you think STEALING from others will get you there?

No one but you can answer those questions but yourself.
spauk

Post by spauk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:04 pm

CSZiggy wrote:Yes...one day instead of getting 1 coin, the pool messed up and sent you 2 coins.
So now they are saying you owe that 1 extra coin back to them, hence the -.7 left to repay.

So the question is....if a store gives you back too much change for a purchase...do you let the cashier know or hide it in your pocket and pull one over on the store? Sorta of an ethical question. Are you an honest soul? Do you believe in Hell? Do you think STEALING from others will get you there?

No one but you can answer those questions but yourself.
i think the cashier metaphor is a bit much. there is such a thing as honest mistakes and oblivious people. on a side note, a cashier that messes up the change isn't likely to be hired for long, or it comes out of their paycheck when the till count is short. i'm not sure where you're going with the soul and hell bit, a mistake on their end doesn't really classify as stealing, unless you decide not to mine into ETH to pay back the debt they discovered afterwards.
i'm still a bit unclear how this bug even happened
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 pm

spauk wrote: i'm not sure where you're going with the soul and hell bit, a mistake on their end doesn't really classify as stealing, unless you decide not to mine into ETH to pay back the debt they discovered afterwards.
i'm still a bit unclear how this bug even happened
MistyWaters wrote:moving all hash off PH until email is replied.
I Agree, if you are oblivious and didn't know, just push the change into your pocket and didn't find out until later then its just a mistake.
Now the question becomes...what do you do when you find out instead of $13(2X $5 + 3X $1) you got back $17(3X $5 and 2X $1).
Do you call the store and let them know? Do you drive back down to the store and make it right...again its an ethical decision.

To some people stealing is stealing-Taking things that do NOT belong to them.
FULL DISCLOSURE: Not sure I'd drive back down to the store for a $4 overpayment. If there was $100 bill instead of a $1 yeah, I'm not that bad, that I would have to go back to the store and make right. But I'm betting everyone has their own limits. For 50 cents no. For $50 yes.
Some people are just MORE ethical than others.

Where do you stand?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:32 pm

MistyWaters wrote:This is quite confusing. It shows us at -.70 eth... we have to pay this back to you?

Please reply to the email
You can mine it back. Just continue mining and the balance will go up to zero. Then, payouts will resume like normal.

As I pointed out above, it will be up to you to decide whether you want to be honest and mine back the debt. If you choose not to, then you'll have to live with your decision.
MistyWaters

Post by MistyWaters » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:19 pm

The issue I have is how you didn't describe what happened in detail, nor inform the customer of your mistake. Instead, you put a debt on their account with no communication at all.

You provide a service as a mining pool. Whatever bug in your system is what caused this. We received no email about this, describing how much was overpaid, or detailing anything of what happened. You are a business, it is your job to send this information to your customers when you have a mess up. I am not going to willingly mine a debt of unknown amount due to your screwup. The better thing you should have done is accept your mistake and make sure it doesn't happen again. We have had numerous ethereum payments the past year not paid sometimes, and if it wasn't for me emailing I dont know if you would have sent the payment out.

Some of you are trying to flip the story on me being the bad guy, my qualm is with your LACK of communication with a mistake caused by you. I am not going to just believe what amount you think we were overpaid without any communication. I shouldn't be wasting time researching back in time, verifying payments I should have received from PH.

Take care,
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:01 pm

MistyWaters wrote:The issue I have is how you didn't describe what happened in detail, nor inform the customer of your mistake. Instead, you put a debt on their account with no communication at all.

You provide a service as a mining pool. Whatever bug in your system is what caused this. We received no email about this, describing how much was overpaid, or detailing anything of what happened. You are a business, it is your job to send this information to your customers when you have a mess up. I am not going to willingly mine a debt of unknown amount due to your screwup. The better thing you should have done is accept your mistake and make sure it doesn't happen again. We have had numerous ethereum payments the past year not paid sometimes, and if it wasn't for me emailing I dont know if you would have sent the payment out.

Some of you are trying to flip the story on me being the bad guy, my qualm is with your LACK of communication with a mistake caused by you. I am not going to just believe what amount you think we were overpaid without any communication. I shouldn't be wasting time researching back in time, verifying payments I should have received from PH.

Take care,
Hi Misty,

There was an announcement posted. It was made earlier at Extra payouts in ETH, and it explained the situation.

Unfortunately, too much money was paid out to ignore, and therefore, we are asking that customers mine back the excess payouts. Our rationale was that because the ETH that was paid to you last week was worth far more at the time than the ETH is now that you would have to mine back today, you are already receiving a 12% bonus. We are not even requesting a payback of the dollar value. You can also decide to leave, as it sounds like you have. However, if you use the same miners or IP address with a different account, that account will be closed and the earnings used to pay the debt of the first account.

I'm sorry to hear about your decision, and again, I apologize for the miscommunication. I wish you the best of luck at whichever pool you choose, and we're willing to answer any questions you have if you change your mind.

Best of luck,

-Steve