Need to reset 2FA

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
NBStwo

Need to reset 2FA

Post by NBStwo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:06 am

Yep... cue laughter... had to repolce my phone and don’t have my 2fa# ... started a support ticket but not sure it was actually generated as I did not see any acknowledgement

Thanks Kevin
djliss

Re: Need to reset 2FA

Post by djliss » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:30 pm

NBStwo wrote:Yep... cue laughter... had to repolce my phone and don’t have my 2fa# ... started a support ticket but not sure it was actually generated as I did not see any acknowledgement

Thanks Kevin
unfortunately i don't think its possible, i have read many times on the forum and it may even be in the help page that it is the policy of the pool not to reset the 2fa.

i would open a new account and point your miners there until you get clarification on this, i'm pretty sure after a certain amount of time anything owed gets paid out (as long as there are addresses against the coins).
NBStwo

Post by NBStwo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:02 pm

Thanks for the reply djliss.... mmmm... Seems other sites are able to reset... and as yet have not heard back from prohashing... disappointing... although it is my own screw up.... more things to consider... need to check other pooling sites too I guess.....
NBStwo

Post by NBStwo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:09 pm

Yep it appears prohashing does not do 2fa resets .... but then again their support ticket system couldn't do email replies until today as well... what does prohashing have to say?
NBStwo

Post by NBStwo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:06 am

Just fyi... already got a reset on 2fa from another pool and in the process with my exchange... so it is possible....
djliss

Post by djliss » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:21 am

NBStwo wrote:Just fyi... already got a reset on 2fa from another pool and in the process with my exchange... so it is possible....
Yes i believe it will be possible to do this in the back end, but as i said it is a policy this pool has implemented for additional security.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:31 am

NBStwo wrote:Just fyi... already got a reset on 2fa from another pool and in the process with my exchange... so it is possible....
It's possible to do that with exchanges because the exchange has identity documents on file. That provides them with something to validate your identity against when resetting that key.

Since we don't accept deposits, we don't need to collect the same documents that money transmitters do, and therefore there is no way to reset two-factor authentication codes. We can't prove that the person who is contacting us is the same person who signed up for the account.
NBStwo

Post by NBStwo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:32 am

So Steve... you are saying I am out of luck... without saying I am out of luck?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:54 pm

NBStwo wrote:So Steve... you are saying I am out of luck... without saying I am out of luck?
Yes, but your money isn't lost. All balances are automatically paid after 90 days to the addresses on file.

I suggest simply creating a new account. You can continue earning money there and your old balances will be paid when the timer expires.
NBStwo

Post by NBStwo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks for your reply Steve... and I will be looking for my money in 90 days... and who knows I could be back tomorrow or a few months from now... Thank you for your attention to this matter.