SHA256 rejected hashes.

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
phayd

SHA256 rejected hashes.

Post by phayd » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 am

S9 SHA256 shares have started being rejected en masse with "duplicate" as reason, anyone know what's going on here? It would appear that this started not long ago and I don't see anyone else discussing it as of yet? I can't find a single S9 that is hashing correctly without these massive amounts of rejects.

https://imgur.com/a/s2taWRQ
Steve Sokolowski

Re: SHA256 rejected hashes.

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:52 pm

phayd wrote:S9 SHA256 shares have started being rejected en masse with "duplicate" as reason, anyone know what's going on here? It would appear that this started not long ago and I don't see anyone else discussing it as of yet? I can't find a single S9 that is hashing correctly without these massive amounts of rejects.

https://imgur.com/a/s2taWRQ
We've seen these "duplicate shares" for a while now. About 0.7%% of all the shares in the pool have this problem. It's a bug in the mining server, which we believe is caused by mining a difficult coin like bitcoins, then switching to an easier coin, and then switching back. When the miners are switched back, they restart the same work, despite receiving a new coinbase transaction to work on. We were never able to figure out why and assumed that it must be misconfigured miners doing that. This is the first time I've heard reported that someone encountered the problem unintentionally.

Do you have any additional information about the issue?
phayd

Post by phayd » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:00 am

It happened all at once in every single sha256 miner we have pointed at your pool, and not on any other sha256 miners, we took the entire facility offline for maintenance since given these rejection rates it was just pointlessly burning electricity.

Nothing else to add from our end, other than scrypt, x11 and equihash all seemed unaffected.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:13 am

phayd wrote:It happened all at once in every single sha256 miner we have pointed at your pool, and not on any other sha256 miners, we took the entire facility offline for maintenance since given these rejection rates it was just pointlessly burning electricity.

Nothing else to add from our end, other than scrypt, x11 and equihash all seemed unaffected.
I'm going to increase the priority of this issue and investigate it today. Hopefully, I'll have something to report by this evening.