Potential change to live profitability calculation

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
balzsam

Re: Potential change to live profitability calculation

Post by balzsam » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:42 pm

I see, CSZiggy, you never used Nicehash service, but useless data on Prohashing has nothing to do with Nicehash hash power renting. Calculations on PH comes from coin values, but, if you mine in the pool, you will be paid not by pool average profit, but your payment depends on coin which you currently mines. If some coins profit is going very high and PHs switching algorithm do not switch you to that coin, you will not take that high profit.
PH only averages coins values and in the case of peeks is the real profit for most of the miners much more lower due that only several miners are assigned to high profit coin. Therefore the PHs calculations wrong. These data are usefull only for the Nicehash hash power renting users scripts correct working. Bad profitability data causes lose of money for Nicehash renters, because the real profitability is much lower as presented by PH.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:04 pm

OK let me ask this then, when you rent from nicehash does it only show up as just 1 miner?
1 miner that does 100 TH/s of X-11?

Or is it 20 miners each doing 5TH?

I've sold my hashing power to nicehash in the past but won't ever touch them again until I'm all paid back what they lost in their theft.
But yes, I have never rented power from them, having my own machines never had to look into renting more before really.
deathlessdd

Post by deathlessdd » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:56 pm

You really shouldnt be complaining about more profits, Enjoy it while its there rather then complain about it. Since the D3 was released profits have been non existent for a year. So anything is better then nothing at all.
Im also pretty sure someone is causing the coins to be worth more so they can get a better payout, manipulating the coins prices is not new its pretty much happened with every single coin,. bitcoin being the main one people are trying to cash out at a high price rather then low.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:15 am

deathlessdd wrote:Im also pretty sure someone is causing the coins to be worth more so they can get a better payout

Yeah, according to Steve it was the pool's code that was overpaying and inflating the prices for a better payout.
Once those numbers are rolled back in and corrected all should be as normal.
deathlessdd

Post by deathlessdd » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:19 am

If it seems to good to be true it usually is, lol
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Chris completed the changes. In this case, it's not too good to be true. As is our policy, he provided a 15% bonus to all customers over what the pool earned, easily making this pool the most profitable pool for the past few days despite the share corrections.
ajs

Post by ajs » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Chris completed the changes. In this case, it's not too good to be true. As is our policy, he provided a 15% bonus to all customers over what the pool earned, easily making this pool the most profitable pool for the past few days despite the share corrections.
It is this straightforward communications (early and often) and deep ethics that will keep my miners pointed at this pool for a long time coming.

I knew it was not real (we all hoped - we all needed some good news) and am, as always, impressed with the professional way in which Steve and Chris deal with things and communicate. These can all be avoided if they don't make changes and we all wallow in yesterdays world, but instead they strike a balance between aggressive improvements and aggressive testing.

But it is the open communications that keeps me here, because they have always explained the how and why, and you can see the strong focus on fairness to all miners and all miners profitably.

Its nice dealing with adults who behave like adults. That is far rarer than I thought it should be when I was young.
Tomas_Novak

Post by Tomas_Novak » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:13 pm

I thing it would be beter to add a simple caculation of the current profit to each worker. Now equihash 0.132 x 15500 (current hashrate worker) = 20.46 USD and updated whenewer the hasrate and/or current profit of the algo