Forfeited balances when using NiceHash!

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
juanfrand

Forfeited balances when using NiceHash!

Post by juanfrand » Thu May 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Hello guys, I have all my daily earning FORFEITED when using NiceHash renting system! I´m about to have a stroke... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Anyone else has this problem??
CSZiggy

Re: Forfeited balances when using NiceHash!

Post by CSZiggy » Thu May 10, 2018 8:14 pm

I would read this post: Status as of Thursday, May 10, 2018
pavvappav

Post by pavvappav » Thu May 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Not sure why PH doesn't just block nice hash miners.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:55 pm

pavvappav wrote:Not sure why PH doesn't just block nice hash miners.
Because 10% of nicehash are low luck, why would they want to cut off the revenue of 90% of nicehash users?
juanfrand

Post by juanfrand » Fri May 11, 2018 8:38 am

Exactly, and also because they can take ALL your earnings when they want to as "Forfeited", and say "It's your risk...".

They are not even answering my support ticket right now...
pavvappav

Post by pavvappav » Fri May 11, 2018 8:48 am

I agree that the policy has that appearance; however, PH is not a fly-by-night operation. One of their big selling points is that people know who the operators are and that they try very hard to keep the operation legal. This also exposes the chris and steve to having to deal with lawsuits from unhappy sellers of hashing power, and they also have reputations to maintain. The downside to the current situation is that accusations such as those from Aura89 may be made. It is much easier to just block NiceHash and avoid having to deal with NiceHash renters getting upset at Prohashing for dealing with NiceHash's inability to filter out scam hashrate sellers.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 11, 2018 12:53 pm

A few comments on this post:

First, Chris is investigating this particular case with juanfrand, and hopes to get back to him with more information in a day, after he's resolved the ten or so tickets higher up in the queue.

Second, the NiceHash situation is very complicated because of the legal issues involved. We are aware of a lot of information about this problem, and none of it has been shared publicly. There are a few reasons why we don't want to do that now:
  • The people responsible may leave after we announce our findings, and we want to record as much data first for statistical analysis as possible so that this method has a near perfect detection record before most people abandon using it.
  • There are legal issues with making statements unless we are sure that they are 100% true, and we are only 99% confident in some statements.
  • NiceHash has ignored all attempts at communication so far, and we want to wait until it is long enough that they cannot excuse themselves by stating their ticket queue was backed up or they didn't receive the message.
  • We determined that some other pools are much more vulnerable to this problem than we are. There is an ethical question about releasing the detection code because while we want to put an end to this problem because trolls from these pools have behaved unethically by posting bogus bugs and profitability metrics in the forums and ticket system. Releasing the code does good for the world by eliminating scammers, but may also be bad because the pools who have created troll accounts would be rewarded for their immoral behavior.
To clarify above, NiceHash does not have a 10% lower earnings rate than other pools. 10% of the rented hashrate has an earnings rate that is close to zero. Simply reducing all NiceHash earnings is not a viable option because then people who know which miners have the problem can pass the cost of the exploit off onto other customers.

One of the solutions may indeed be to prohibit usage by NiceHash. They are a continual source of problems because of their exploits, their rude customer service, and the inflexible design of their system. A stopgap measure might be to announce a temporary ban on NiceHash and see what effect that has.
juanfrand

Post by juanfrand » Fri May 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi Steve, I understand based on your comments why you were unresponsive so far.

I’ll have patience and hope you can resolve this problem soon.

Thank you,
juanfrand

Post by juanfrand » Fri May 11, 2018 3:51 pm

I just want to thank Chris and Steve for resolving the issue and returning the forfeited balance.

The problem was related to Equihash algo in NiceHash, so for future reference, everyone, be careful with that type of orders.

Kind regards
Juan