W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E do not apply to me and my account stopped payouts

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
wolf_reinhold

W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E do not apply to me and my account stopped payouts

Post by wolf_reinhold » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:31 am

I am a US citizen who lives in Thailand.
I have not lived in the USA for 33 years.
Neither of these documents apply to me because they say that if you are a US citizen, DO NOT use them.

So I have no options to show you that I am not a US resident.

Both forms say: Do NOT use this form for U.S. entity or U.S. citizen or resident: Instead use Form W-9

I do not owe taxes because I do not make nearly enough money to be taxable.

Please tell me how to unlock my payouts, please.

Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Re: W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E do not apply to me and my account stopped payouts

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:55 am

wolf_reinhold wrote:I am a US citizen who lives in Thailand.
I have not lived in the USA for 33 years.
Neither of these documents apply to me because they say that if you are a US citizen, DO NOT use them.

So I have no options to show you that I am not a US resident.

Both forms say: Do NOT use this form for U.S. entity or U.S. citizen or resident: Instead use Form W-9

I do not owe taxes because I do not make nearly enough money to be taxable.

Please tell me how to unlock my payouts, please.

Thanks
Thanks for pointing this out. We've never had anyone have this issue before.

Determining what to do here will require a consultation with our lawyer. I'll assign a task for Chris to contact him. Unfortunately, it could take some time for him to get back to us, as the response time is usually 1-2 weeks. I apologize for the delay.
wolf_reinhold

Post by wolf_reinhold » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:04 pm

That's strange unless there are no US citizens living outside of the country using Prohashing. Am I alone?

How about if I send what I can under the W-8ben formula? You can unlock me immediately upon receipt and take all the time you need to look into the finer points. How about that?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:40 pm

wolf_reinhold wrote:That's strange unless there are no US citizens living outside of the country using Prohashing. Am I alone?

How about if I send what I can under the W-8ben formula? You can unlock me immediately upon receipt and take all the time you need to look into the finer points. How about that?
It's possible that there were other citizens living outside the US, but maybe they filled out the W8-BEN form anyway. All I know is that nobody except you has ever brought the issue to our attention before. We're going to contact the lawyer to see if we need to support another form type.

We don't make recommendations on how to fill out these forms, and the chosen form doesn't affect us. If you choose to submit a W8-BEN form, then you'll be paid immediately. We are not responsible for identity or tax verification and we are only required to save these forms in the case they audit us. Should they choose to conduct an audit, then whether you filled out the correct form is between you and the IRS.
wolf_reinhold

Post by wolf_reinhold » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks for the advice.

As the OP and the sole complainer, apparently. I vote to delete this thread from existence.

If possible. Thanks again.
alim

Post by alim » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:55 am

I'm no longer a US citizen.

However, I believe the USA law is that you need to file your tax each year until you renounce your citizenship (which should not be for economic reasons)..

So the W9 would apply, as painful as it will be.
sekaf

Post by sekaf » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:38 am

wolf_reinhold wrote:That's strange unless there are no US citizens living outside of the country using Prohashing. Am I alone?

Hello. I live in Turkey and Turkish citizens. I filled in the W-8BEN form with a handwritten letter. I can get my payments like this. Help me.
sekaf

Post by sekaf » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:53 am

someone who can help
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:13 pm

Sekaf, put in a support ticket.

Support.prohashing.com

And they will be in contact with you. I think you need to DL the form, fill it out on the computer then send it back to them.
follow_my_ruin

Post by follow_my_ruin » Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 am

I do hope your issue has figured out easily, but you should agree with the point that your situation is quite uncommon and complicated, so it was a matter of time. I faced something similar to yours just once and it wasn't prohashing. When I had been in Canada for several months and needed to do the report on my incomes in order to not get my bank account blocked, I filled it via this tool https://w9.pdffiller.com in order to do it faster. Obviously, it's possible to do via the official IRS website - they have the same form there - but unlikely you need to print it and send to requester manually, what is not my very option.