W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E do not apply to me and my account stopped payouts

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
alim

Re: W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E do not apply to me and my account stopped payouts

Post by alim » Tue May 15, 2018 11:21 am

I think the issue is quite common. There are quite a few USA citizens living abroad who have not yet renounced their citizenship. USA law is that you pay tax on your world wide income regardless of where you live, and have bandings to deal with costs to maintain your household.

Arguing for dual nationality used to be fairly straightforward, as one argument is that you would hope your adopted country would be on the same side in any war, as I did. When you do renounce US Citizenship, the ONE glaringly obvious argument to NOT use is to pay less tax.

What I can say is that when you renounce, your tax position and accounting becomes much simpler...