Threshold for Ethereum Payouts

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
aymarei

Threshold for Ethereum Payouts

Post by aymarei » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi,

I am having a bit of confusion on regards of payouts threshold. I have had my miners set to 'default' option which was the equivalent of $100 and it was perfect for my payout proportioning. I have noticed yesterday that the Ethereum threshold margins have changed for some reason, making the default option $20 instead of $100. Is there a way to change it back? I prefer not to set the threshold in Ethereum as the price is not constant, so if I set it at 0.20 which is roughly $100 now, its price might change by my next payment.

Suggestions appreciated.
-aymarei
CSZiggy

Re: Threshold for Ethereum Payouts

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:00 pm

The prices always change daily.

.1 bitcoin could be 700 or 800 or 900 depending what bitcoin is at that day. You can't look at that $ threshold as the coins go up and down those will change, you need to look at the .### of coins and figure how many you make per day and figure a number that gives you your payouts when you want them.

Also the pool is NOT a bank, they don't like holding onto your money, so they have limits, once you pass the limit you get paid then, you cant elect to save up 5 days worth of payments and send them all at once, the pool wants them gone from their tallys daily.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:06 pm

aymarei wrote:Hi,

I am having a bit of confusion on regards of payouts threshold. I have had my miners set to 'default' option which was the equivalent of $100 and it was perfect for my payout proportioning. I have noticed yesterday that the Ethereum threshold margins have changed for some reason, making the default option $20 instead of $100. Is there a way to change it back? I prefer not to set the threshold in Ethereum as the price is not constant, so if I set it at 0.20 which is roughly $100 now, its price might change by my next payment.

Suggestions appreciated.
-aymarei
We lowered the payout threshold to target it to 0.5% of the average network transaction fee.

You can raise your payout threshold by clicking "custom payout threshold," and entering in the amount you would like. There are limits to how high they can go so that our liabilities don't increase too much, but in ETH, the limit is above $100.
aymarei

Post by aymarei » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: We lowered the payout threshold to target it to 0.5% of the average network transaction fee.

You can raise your payout threshold by clicking "custom payout threshold," and entering in the amount you would like. There are limits to how high they can go so that our liabilities don't increase too much, but in ETH, the limit is above $100.
Thanks for the clarification. Just to emphasize on the point I mentioned in OP, I am trying to set the payout threshold to a value in $ rather than Crypto, which is how the 'default' threshold functions. If that is not a possibility, is there a way to implement it manually? It already exists in your backend, you just have to give us the option to modify the value within the limits for the respective coin.
CSZiggy wrote:The prices always change daily.

.1 bitcoin could be 700 or 800 or 900 depending what bitcoin is at that day. You can't look at that $ threshold as the coins go up and down those will change, you need to look at the .### of coins and figure how many you make per day and figure a number that gives you your payouts when you want them.

Also the pool is NOT a bank, they don't like holding onto your money, so they have limits, once you pass the limit you get paid then, you cant elect to save up 5 days worth of payments and send them all at once, the pool wants them gone from their tallys daily.
The pool gives a margin for payouts, as long as what I set in $ is within the limits there shouldn't be a problem to set it by $, which is how the 'default' threshold functions as I mentioned above.