Equihash and SHA-256 can not connect to server

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Maguin

Equihash and SHA-256 can not connect to server

Post by Maguin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:23 am

Hi,

I started mining in this pool a couple of weeks ago. I have a small farm and have been testing the pool, which I really like. I currently have 3 rigs and 1 ASIC pointed to prohashing.

I am experiencing problems with 2 of them since last friday. One of the rigs, which I had mining for 5 or 6 days working perfectly suddenly lost connection and now I can't connect to the server. I am using Claymore Zcash miner, with server on port 3333, pass "a=equihash" and everything just like I had from the beggining, but now I always get the message "ZEC: Stratum - Cannot connect to prohashing.com:3333".

I've tried to register another account, but without successs, the same problem. I have changed it to another pool and it works perfectly.

Same problem is happening with the ASIC. I have it pointing to both prohashing server addresses, but both show as "Dead". I can change to another account with the same result, also password is set as "a=sha-256".

I would really start adding more miners to this pool, but I can't seem to be able to do it. Can you please help me out?.
alim

Re: Equihash and SHA-256 can not connect to server

Post by alim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:29 am

Have you tried the proxy address? proxy.prohashing.com:443

I'm going to assume you have reset the router as well.

This is what I put in the password box for my sha algo asic. Some will claim the other parameters are not required, but I noticed that the time between shares was extending past 1 minute.

n=sha a=sha-256 scan-time=6 expiry=24

If you are using a bitmain model, you don't need the quotes. I have found Prohashing ignores "," rendering linked arguments null and void and will therefore attempt to mine scrypt.

Apologies if this is telling you how to crack eggs to make an omelette.
Maguin

Post by Maguin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:57 am

Thanks for your quick reply. I am going to try resetting the router, I didn't think about that option. I will also try your parameters, I am using a Whatsminer, but it is really similar to S9.
Maguin

Post by Maguin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:13 am

I reset the router and nothing worked. But now suddenly the miners started to connect to the server. Maybe somebody read this post and fixed the problem.
By the way, Whatsminer M3 needs the quotes for the password.

Thanks for your help
Maguin

Post by Maguin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 am

This is really weird. I had everything working in the two accounts. Two rigs in one, with three workers (two for AMD and one for Nvidia, as I have one rig mixed). On the other account I got the ASIC working flawlessly and one rig with two workers, also have mixed gpus in this rig.

Suddenly the AMD miners of the two windows rigs stop working, but the rest is working fine. I thought it might be a problem with claymores zcash miner, but one of the rigs, that is ETHOS based works with that miner, but the two that are Windows10 based are only working with EWBF perfectly.

It doesn't make any sense, because I get the message "Cannot connect to prohashing.com:333" same if I use the proxy address, but the ewbf window is working nice.
Maguin

Post by Maguin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:27 am

Now none of the windows based rigs work, either with AMD nor Nvidia. This is really strange.