Solo mining sha vs script

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
fundough

Solo mining sha vs script

Post by fundough » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Would like to know if I could point a script miner to sha- or the other way, can I solo mine a script with sha miner.?

Thank you
MEXX8n3YTDa9XHR92mCp9yKUkexswQ7J83
CSZiggy

Re: Solo mining sha vs script

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 am

No.

If its a graphics card system they can be made to mine multi algos based on what program you use.
Like a computer, you can load multi operating systems up on it.

ASIC machines are printed circuits that can't change, they run very fast in 1 specific way and thats it.
If another algo is close sometimes they can cover another, but usually, scrypt is scrypt and SHA is SHA
fundough

Post by fundough » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:48 am

Ya, CSziggy thats what I thought.

Thank you
MEXX8n3YTDa9XHR92mCp9yKUkexswQ7J83
alim

Post by alim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:37 am

All you need to do is specify

a=sha-256 c=[Explorer COIN besides BitCoin] m=solo

Make sure you use the precise Explorer parameter for the coin - it is usually not the abbreviation... :) :)

You need to set up a wallet address for your earnings as these will not be converted into your payout coins specified.

And of course, you may need to register to trade for other coins / fiat. Prohashing mentioned they are adding HitBTC so that might be your best 1st option if you aren't already an active trader/want to be paid in cons not support by Coinbase.