Solo mining sha vs script

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
fundough

Solo mining sha vs script

Postby fundough » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Would like to know if I could point a script miner to sha- or the other way, can I solo mine a script with sha miner.?

Thank you
MEXX8n3YTDa9XHR92mCp9yKUkexswQ7J83
CSZiggy

Re: Solo mining sha vs script

Postby CSZiggy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 am

No.

If its a graphics card system they can be made to mine multi algos based on what program you use.
Like a computer, you can load multi operating systems up on it.

ASIC machines are printed circuits that can't change, they run very fast in 1 specific way and thats it.
If another algo is close sometimes they can cover another, but usually, scrypt is scrypt and SHA is SHA
fundough

Postby fundough » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:48 am

Ya, CSziggy thats what I thought.

Thank you
MEXX8n3YTDa9XHR92mCp9yKUkexswQ7J83
alim

Postby alim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:37 am

All you need to do is specify

a=sha-256 c=[Explorer COIN besides BitCoin] m=solo

Make sure you use the precise Explorer parameter for the coin - it is usually not the abbreviation... :) :)

You need to set up a wallet address for your earnings as these will not be converted into your payout coins specified.

And of course, you may need to register to trade for other coins / fiat. Prohashing mentioned they are adding HitBTC so that might be your best 1st option if you aren't already an active trader/want to be paid in cons not support by Coinbase.