Accepted Ratio Issue and Efficiency

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
alchemists

Accepted Ratio Issue and Efficiency

Post by alchemists » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi Steve,

I've been using your pool in Pilot mode for two months, and love it !!!
Now we have 100 miners, and about 400 on the way.

I have connected all 100 of our miners to your pool, but recently, we are seeing a massive drop in ACCEPTED rate. Almost 20% rejects !!!
That is very LARGE. I'm a network engineer myself and have tested everything:

1. Latency ==> near ZERO (I have FIBER, Symmetrical at 100 up and 100 down, burstable to 1G)
2. Ping is under 10 seconds to the URL. (Note I have 35 seconds to LitecoinPool, with 99.6% acceptance across all 100 miners)
3. I've tested my hash even to some other pools, with MUCH HIGHER time, and I still get 98% acceptance.

Could you please tell me if there is some issue on your side, and if you are planning on resolving it?
We love your interface and simplicity, and would love to remain at the near 99% ratio.

Sincerely,
Alchemists
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Accepted Ratio Issue and Efficiency

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:15 pm

alchemists wrote:Hi Steve,

I have connected all 100 of our miners to your pool, but recently, we are seeing a massive drop in ACCEPTED rate. Almost 20% rejects !!!

1. Latency ==> near ZERO (I have FIBER, Symmetrical at 100 up and 100 down, burstable to 1G)
2. Ping is under 10 seconds to the URL. (Note I have 35 seconds to LitecoinPool, with 99.6% acceptance across all 100 miners)
3. I've tested my hash even to some other pools, with MUCH HIGHER time, and I still get 98% acceptance.

Could you please tell me if there is some issue on your side, and if you are planning on resolving it?
We love your interface and simplicity, and would love to remain at the near 99% ratio.

Sincerely,
Alchemists
The cause of this issue is that the CPUs on the mining servers are overloaded, and can't process work restarts in real time. That's because the number of customers increased dramatically recently.

A period of downtime has been scheduled for Thursday evening to resolve the issue. Chris will be traveling to the datacenter to assist with the fiber installation, and on the day before he will install new hardware to double the number of mining servers available.
alchemists

Post by alchemists » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the quick response, and really truly appreciate your guys' efforts on this.

Cheers
alchemists

Post by alchemists » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:56 pm

PS: Do you have any special arrangements and price points for larger customers? We are growing fast.
mycide

Post by mycide » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:02 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
alchemists wrote:Hi Steve,

Sincerely,
Alchemists
The cause of this issue is that the CPUs on the mining servers are overloaded, and can't process work restarts in real time. That's because the number of customers increased dramatically recently.

A period of downtime has been scheduled for Thursday evening to resolve the issue. Chris will be traveling to the datacenter to assist with the fiber installation, and on the day before he will install new hardware to double the number of mining servers available.

Sounds impressive so your saying servers are now overloaded, two days ago you told me pool ran at 97%? Connection issue is on my end, when it clearly is not.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:35 pm

alchemists wrote:PS: Do you have any special arrangements and price points for larger customers? We are growing fast.
We've considered that, but right now I think we want to keep our fee structure simple. We might investigate volume discounts once we have made all possible optimizations, but the reason we don't usually do that now is because we can make everyone more money by investing in things like the connection and in solving the "low luck miners" problem. If we lower fees by 1%, that means we have about 33% less to invest in low luck miner detection, a feature which is on the way to improving profit by 11%.

Hopefully this helps explain why we operate the way we do. For a litecoin-only pool, the amount of possible income is set, but with other coins in the mix it's possible to increase profits through investment.
alchemists

Post by alchemists » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:50 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
alchemists wrote:PS: Do you have any special arrangements and price points for larger customers? We are growing fast.
We've considered that, but right now I think we want to keep our fee structure simple. We might investigate volume discounts once we have made all possible optimizations, but the reason we don't usually do that now is because we can make everyone more money by investing in things like the connection and in solving the "low luck miners" problem. If we lower fees by 1%, that means we have about 33% less to invest in low luck miner detection, a feature which is on the way to improving profit by 11%.

Hopefully this helps explain why we operate the way we do. For a litecoin-only pool, the amount of possible income is set, but with other coins in the mix it's possible to increase profits through investment.

Perfect !!! Hey let me know if I can assist anyway.. we are a group of serious engineers and do a lot of DataCenter projects.