Frustrated Newbie

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
stockfadi

Frustrated Newbie

Post by stockfadi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:55 pm

I've been mining for about 2 months now. I finally came across this pool. But I am unable to get the right command for my miners to start running.

I am using 6 moonlander ASIC USB sticks running BFG miner. I would just like someone to simple give me the proper command as to run my miners and start diggin. .

This is what my typical command line looks like.

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u stockfadi.moonlander -p xxxx,d=128 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=832
pause

I want to be paid out in btc. . Please help!
stockfadi

Re: Frustrated Newbie

Post by stockfadi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:18 pm

This is the command I am using

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u stockfadi -p a=scrypt,d=128 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=832
pause

What the hell am I doing wrong?
spauk

Post by spauk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:23 pm

the way you have the password argument with ,d= on the end is for a different kind of pool. for the password here you should use password arguments separated by a space not a comma. this is what i use for 4 moonlander 2s on a powered hub:

Code: Select all

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333/#skipcbcheck -u spauk -p "a=scrypt n=moonlander2" -S MLD:com48 -S MLD:com49 -S MLD:com50 -S MLD:com51 --set MLD:clock=832
@pause
i also use the quotation marks to make sure it recognizes all the password arguments with the spaces. if you want to add static difficulty it would look like "a=scrypt d=16384 n=moonlander2" but it works fine on dynamic difficulty, it just takes a couple minutes for the first share at 65536 starting difficulty.
stockfadi

Post by stockfadi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:40 pm

^^ that didn't work
spauk

Post by spauk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:42 am

you created a prohashing account right? no reason it shouldn't work. and if you want bitcoin payout then add a bitcoin payout address and change the sliders to 100% bitcoin. not sure how to help you if you don't tell me more
pavvappav

Post by pavvappav » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:44 am

Your difficulty is also too low. I think the minimum difficulty allowed for scrypt is 65536.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:24 am

I would think twice about bitcoin as a payout with such a low-hash setup.
BE WARNED you may be waiting 2-6 months for a payout from bitcoin due to earnings + threshold minimums to get a payout.
mycide

Post by mycide » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:40 am

CSZiggy wrote:I would think twice about bitcoin as a payout with such a low-hash setup.
BE WARNED you may be waiting 2-6 months for a payout from bitcoin due to earnings + threshold minimums to get a payout.
Agreed, your better off choosing another coin for payout and then manually exchange it for btc when your payed out or when you want to.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
spauk

Post by spauk » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:04 pm

pavvappav wrote:Your difficulty is also too low. I think the minimum difficulty allowed for scrypt is 65536.
no actually the minimum static difficulty for scrypt right now is 16384 but it can go down as low as 8192 on dynamic
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:35 pm

CSZiggy wrote:I would think twice about bitcoin as a payout with such a low-hash setup.
We should probably add this to the documentation to assist with confusion.

A lot of newcomers aren't aware of how expensive the bitcoin network is, because of the 1MB transaction limit. Litecoin or bitcoin cash are better alternatives for sending money, unless the place you want to spend the money at only accepts bitcoins.