problem on Scrypt yesterday?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
pstan84

problem on Scrypt yesterday?

Post by pstan84 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:32 pm

i have been with prohashing with couple of L3+ and found out there is a high percentage of stale shares ( 60% rate ), is it just me or there is a problem with the pool yesterday?

i am from south east asia thou
GregoryGHarding

Re: problem on Scrypt yesterday?

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:27 am

steve is conducting an experement, its possible you may have been affected by that, youll have to wait for his response, but its quite possible thats not the reason.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:00 am

The experiment concluded yesterday morning, so that wasn't the cause.

There are three potential causes. The first is that the previous version of the mining server did not break to receive new blocks when new work needed to be sent to all miners, resulting in delayed processing of shares. The second is that the mining servers are facing a CPU overload situation, due to an increased number of customers recently. The third is that the current Internet connection has high latency due to DDoS protection.

The first issue has been resolved, as we released a new version of the mining servers last night that will prevent them from freezing up and not responding to new blocks when they are under heavy load. The second issue will be resolved when Chris doubles the number of mining servers, by installing new hardware sometime before April 5. The third will be resolved when the new Enterprise-class Internet connection is installed, again on around April 5.

Thanks for your patience while we wait for the parts to arrive and for Comcast to complete their installation!
mycide

Post by mycide » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:43 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:The experiment concluded yesterday morning, so that wasn't the cause.

There are three potential causes. The first is that the previous version of the mining server did not break to receive new blocks when new work needed to be sent to all miners, resulting in delayed processing of shares. The second is that the mining servers are facing a CPU overload situation, due to an increased number of customers recently. The third is that the current Internet connection has high latency due to DDoS protection.

The first issue has been resolved, as we released a new version of the mining servers last night that will prevent them from freezing up and not responding to new blocks when they are under heavy load. The second issue will be resolved when Chris doubles the number of mining servers, by installing new hardware sometime before April 5. The third will be resolved when the new Enterprise-class Internet connection is installed, again on around April 5.

Thanks for your patience while we wait for the parts to arrive and for Comcast to complete their installation!

This reoccurs over and over again, and everytime you excuse it with capacity, or delays of different variety, it might all be true and dandy, but it's not how you should be caring for your custmers that already is here, and is hashing away for both their's and your profit, the fact that you as business owners get less profit on trouble days, is multipled by some big number for each individual client that is hashing on your pool, it is bringing our overall profits down. You compensates with adding more clients, making your overall cut bigger on the fact that each individual customer is making less, this is what makes me speak up. As you try to squeese more customers into existing hardware, and as profit margin is shrinking all over the board right now, and even below profitable many ppl, you can not allow ur pool to be so inefficent for ur clients that they risk losing on average 10-15% due to hardware limits.(and then you take ur 5% on top of that) Limit the amounts of accounts, we cant have this issues reapparing every few months when your reach capacity.

Today im at 700 stales and eff at 77%

I been loyal and sticking around without jumping pools even during periods where the pool performance went shit, estimating on average a 5-10% loss by sticking to this pool, compared to litecoinpool.org only reason is ur superior features and the fact your active and open as devs/owners.
But at the level of bad this pool is running at now, i cant see how any client would economically defend their reason for staying right now.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 am

mycide wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:The experiment concluded yesterday morning, so that wasn't the cause.

This reoccurs over and over again, and everytime you excuse it with capacity, or delays of different variety, it might all be true and dandy, but it's not how you should be caring for your custmers that already is here, and is hashing away for both their's and your profit, the fact that you as business owners get less profit on trouble days, is multipled by some big number for each individual client that is hashing on your pool, it is bringing our overall profits down. You compensates with adding more clients, making your overall cut bigger on the fact that each individual customer is making less, this is what makes me speak up. As you try to squeese more customers into existing hardware, and as profit margin is shrinking all over the board right now, and even below profitable many ppl, you can not allow ur pool to be so inefficent for ur clients that they risk losing on average 10-15% due to hardware limits.(and then you take ur 5% on top of that) Limit the amounts of accounts, we cant have this issues reapparing every few months when your reach capacity.

Today im at 700 stales and eff at 77%

I been loyal and sticking around without jumping pools even during periods where the pool performance went shit, estimating on average a 5-10% loss by sticking to this pool, compared to litecoinpool.org only reason is ur superior features and the fact your active and open as devs/owners.
But at the level of bad this pool is running at now, i cant see how any client would economically defend their reason for staying right now.
I understand your concerns. I think that you might be missing that we have no shortage of intent or money; we just can't get other people to perform as quickly as we need them to. For example, no matter how much we pay, server components like memory are not as widely available as desktop components and we need to wait for them to arrive. Comcast needed 90 days to install the service when we signed the contract on December 29, and they are installing it today. We couldn't get them to go any faster than 90 days. We've been willing to hire people for months, but there weren't any qualified candidates who applied, and that person isn't able to start until April 9.

So I agree that the system isn't performing as well as it could, but I disagree that there is a solution that is any better than what we've been trying to do. We know exactly what to do and have plenty of money to do it; it just takes a long time for other people to get us the equipment and service we need to improve.
pstan84

Post by pstan84 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:25 am

ok, understood and thanks for respond steve :)
pstan84

Post by pstan84 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:28 am

thou, is there any problems related to my location thou as your server is further from my location in south east asia ?