possible equihash mining issue

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GregoryGHarding

possible equihash mining issue

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:32 pm

throughout the day il pop in on my console and babysit my GPU rig for a bit, several times i see the following error:

Code: Select all

03/19/18-22:57:57 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 4)
Share accepted (109 ms)!
No new jobs were received for 12 mins - something wrong with the pool, disconnect.
Stratum - connecting to 'prohashing.com' port 3333 (unsecure)
seems as if randomly work is not getting passed to the client and has to drop connection and reconnect to be issued work.

thoughts?
zafar177

Re: possible equihash mining issue

Post by zafar177 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:05 am

I also am getting random disconnects for my equihash miner. In order to reconnect I have to restart the miner. Unfortunately I have no monitoring software and therefore I am unable to assess how often this happens forcing me to randomly check during the day.
zafar177

Post by zafar177 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:56 am

Also getting periods of 100% rejected shares. Rectified by restarting the miner
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:31 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:throughout the day il pop in on my console and babysit my GPU rig for a bit, several times i see the following error:

Code: Select all

03/19/18-22:57:57 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 4)
Share accepted (109 ms)!
No new jobs were received for 12 mins - something wrong with the pool, disconnect.
Stratum - connecting to 'prohashing.com' port 3333 (unsecure)
seems as if randomly work is not getting passed to the client and has to drop connection and reconnect to be issued work.

thoughts?
From what I read, there's nothing we can do about this problem.

The coin network that we're mining, in this case, has long block times, and no block was found within 12 minutes. Your software is configured to disconnect after no new jobs were sent within 12 minutes, and it should not be doing that because the current work is still valid.

I'll see if there's anything we can do, but the best solution is to find a configuration setting to disable this feature in the mining software.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks for the notice, I will look into the software to check for timeout arguments