Stale Shares, penalty and earnings

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Joman

Stale Shares, penalty and earnings

Post by Joman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:34 am

Hello Dears,

actually i have 2 L3+ Miners and a Rig with 6 1070 GTX. Since one Week i'm Testing Prohashing with 1 L3+ Antminer and i have some questions

1) Both primary and merge mined shares are stale 20 - I have this message every day and a lot of Times, why? Can you recsolve this issue?

2) I'm not understanding the : Current Restart Penalty 1.000 ? Could you explain this?

3) Do you have a "Best practice" config for L3+ Antminer? Everytime i receive Notifications becaus my Miner is down, beacuse of restarts from Your Side? i'm losing earnings with all your restarts or not?

Sorry for my Bad english :)

Best Regards
Jo
spauk

Re: Stale Shares, penalty and earnings

Post by spauk » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:18 am

current restart penalty 1.00 is normal, it means 100% of normal earnings. if it's greater than 1 you're getting a bonus for quicker than average work restart delay, if it's less than 1 then there's a penalty for long work restart delays. which is determined by how fast your miner submits a share after a work restart, and the average work restart delay of all the miners on the pool. i don't think i've ever seen it say anything except 1 though.
the stale shares seems to be an issue with prohashing i'm hoping will get better when they upgrade their internet or servers, but it could be something else. i see the stale shares reported 20 at a time like that too sometimes, i think it's because the way shares are sampled for statistics, 1 in every 10 shares, and these repetitive stales seem to happen in pairs, so they get reported as 20 shares in the efficiency meter.
mycide

Post by mycide » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:25 am

Hey Jo,

Best practice for the L3+? Id suggest adding the following in password field.
d=131072 and for ease of supervising n=workernamehere

It might require you to add a=algorithm of choice, for example if i connect a D3 without adding a=x11 it will default on this pool try to mine scrypt.
So if you want your gpu rig to mine equihash you most likely need to add a=equihash to that rig
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Joman

Post by Joman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:57 am

Thanks for your answers, i will respond after my Holliday.

regards
Jo