Where is the list of coins, their scripts and "c=" parameters?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
slim6y

Where is the list of coins, their scripts and "c=" parameters?

Post by slim6y » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:23 am

I'm wanting to experiment with solo mining and would like to find equihash coins and their "c=" name so i can attempt to see if I get better outcomes in the long run.

I am looking to see BitcoinGold, Zcash and maybe one other come up a lot for profitability. But because I am not solo, I am getting tiny chunks regularly. But this also means that electricity is costing more than I am getting.

I am only using a gaming laptop at present. Would like to upgrade, but need to see that I can profit this way first. So experimentally seems to be the best way. But then, when picking a solo coin using the "c=" and "m=solo" do I actually need to put a coin in? If so, where is the list of equihash coins available and their names for that parameter?
JackNRochNY

Re: Where is the list of coins, their scripts and "c=" parameters?

Post by JackNRochNY » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:01 am

Goto the <Charts> tab in the site header and scroll all the way to the bottom. All the coins are listed if you select the <All> tab. When you use the 'c=' password arguement, type in the name as it appears in the list. Also you can only mine the algorithm that your miner supports (Scrypt, X11, etc)
slim6y

Post by slim6y » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. Though I see your point, but I notice in the help file, that more often than not, they're abbreviated. Is there not a list that shows the abbreviations?
slim6y

Post by slim6y » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:44 pm

For example, here is one that I see https://drive.google.com/open?id=19eJAM ... WzgKq0lDd7

So would i type "c=zclassic" just like this?
JackNRochNY

Post by JackNRochNY » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 pm

slim6y wrote:For example, here is one that I see https://drive.google.com/open?id=19eJAM ... WzgKq0lDd7

So would i type "c=zclassic" just like this?
That is correct! However the coin is spelled next to that star is exactly how you type it in!
Pekkaen

Post by Pekkaen » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Would be nice with a list of coins you can actually solo mine, i tried multiple of the ones on the charts list but like 80% of them doesnt work. Atleast if you copy paste the name from the charts list into the antminer....

Like one coin is named NewYorkCoin (this is just an example) and if you copy paste that in, it just shows up as dead. But maybe you have to type it Newyorkcoin or newyorkcoin e.t.c e.t.c to make it work.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:52 am

Pekkaen wrote:Would be nice with a list of coins you can actually solo mine, i tried multiple of the ones on the charts list but like 80% of them doesnt work. Atleast if you copy paste the name from the charts list into the antminer....

Like one coin is named NewYorkCoin (this is just an example) and if you copy paste that in, it just shows up as dead. But maybe you have to type it Newyorkcoin or newyorkcoin e.t.c e.t.c to make it work.

On the bottom of the CHARTS page, click the algo you are mining(EQUI-SCRYPT-X11). Then click ALL
Any coin that doesn't have a red ring around it, listed as errored, should be solo minable.

The OP was talking about equihash mining, and NewYorkCoin(NOT case sensitive) is not an equishash algo coin, its a scrypt.
Also, there was a new limitation added, where I *THINK* you can only change coins 1 time every 10 mins or it errors the miner.
They had people swapping coins every 30 seconds to cherry pick the highest profit coins, and they changed how often you can swap to a new coin to avoid the cherry pickers. So if you are going to play with solo mining....you have to pick one and then wait 12 minutes before you try the next one.

GOOD LUCK!