Goodbye Prohashing!

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
sirandyr

Re: Goodbye Prohashing!

Post by sirandyr » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:28 pm

I´ve been trading stocks on a US trading site for years - I´ve filled out the tax form declaring that I´m a UK citizen, currently resident in Norway, probably over 15 times. Not once have I paid any tax to the US. Yes - both Norway and the UK have agreements with the US.
If you DONT live in a country where there is an agreement in place with the US, then you will need to declare your earnings and most probably pay tax to the US (in some cases, maybe also to your own countries tax office). If this is what your trying to avoid or are not sure about, you can ask your local tax authority for advice.
MinerMaximus

Post by MinerMaximus » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:33 am

It´s ridiculous and sad how some governs try to tax everything its people do. In this case US even trying to sniff on foreing miners gains.

As i read on some page:
"Bitcoin/cryptos should not be taxed because we already buy cryptos with our hard-earned money which is already taxed in our respective countries. So I think after the original Capital Gains Tax, there should be no taxation, otherwise, it will be like taxing the same money twice."

And we dont mine from thin air... FIAT is taxed, Electricity is Taxed, Mining Hardware bough is taxed...¿want more?

Governs like that are an obstacle for a unified and globalized world... we are still far from it.
spauk

Post by spauk » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:47 pm

big businesses have to explain where their income comes from, the little guys doing it as a hobby and probably making less than 600 a year or even spending more to mine than the dollar value it brings back, don't have to explain it to anybody. personal mining seems like a totally different thing than a job where you pay income taxes out of your paycheck.
all this talk about taxes makes me think about customs duty fees, which is why i'm hesitant to ever buy an antminer from china. there's probably nothing to worry about for one unit, but over a couple thousand dollars value and they want a few percent for customs duty, and then the delays, if it even gets there (some countries might not allow entry at all). i want to see some american made miners that can compete with antminer