I DO NOT live in the United States

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dexubdg

I DO NOT live in the United States

Post by dexubdg » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:17 pm

Good day, i'm' from Poland, please mark it in your system;)

Best Regards, Marcin.
Last edited by dexubdg on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dnprod

Re: I DO NOT live in the United States

Post by dnprod » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:13 pm

i went to the irs website to read the instructions for a non-resident, and my eyes turned to putty.
not sure if i'm suppose to appy for a foreign tax id number or not.

perhaps some simple-case documentation (images of fake forms?) showing the minimum information
certain classes of people can get away with on that magical irs form?

for example, non-resident whos only known/expected usa income is this pool.

also, it is unclear if this pool is expected to withhold 30% for taxes on foreigners or not.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:44 am

dnprod wrote:i went to the irs website to read the instructions for a non-resident, and my eyes turned to putty.
not sure if i'm suppose to appy for a foreign tax id number or not.

perhaps some simple-case documentation (images of fake forms?) showing the minimum information
certain classes of people can get away with on that magical irs form?

for example, non-resident whos only known/expected usa income is this pool.

also, it is unclear if this pool is expected to withhold 30% for taxes on foreigners or not.
We do not withhold taxes for anyone.

As I'm sure you can understand, we don't provide tax advice for personal situations. You should talk to an accountant for that.

However, I can say what many customers have done. Many customers who don't have any association with the United States can simply sign the W8-BEN or W8-BEN-E forms, upload them, and forget about it permanently. If, after talking to your accountant, you believe that you aren't subject to the guidelines, then you can sign the form to certify that you don't owe anything and continue mining as normal.
dexubdg

Post by dexubdg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:36 am

I do not have TIN and NIN numbers. I also do not see the need to leave my personal data.
It is a pity because I am with you from the very beginning.

Best Regards.
Last edited by dexubdg on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:20 am

dexubdg wrote:I do not have TIN and NIN numbers. I also do not see the need to leave my personal data.
It is a pity because I am with you from the very beginning.
I will change the pool when I reach the limit.

Best Regards.
I'm sorry to hear that. Our opinion is that any pool that is not requesting tax information is operating illegally, so we want to ensure that we are able to continue operations for the long-term.

But again, I think you're misunderstanding the information being requested. You said that you don't believe you are subject to IRS regulations. If your accountant advises you that you aren't, you don't need a TIN because the W8-BEN form only requires a signature certifying you're exempt.