Payout Comparison

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CSZiggy

Payout Comparison

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
CSZiggy wrote:Coin payout choices then?

If I could select just the people who picked LTC for payouts then maybe that line would reflect what I got paid out and might match?

If the next day half the coins go down and the other half go up during the day, wouldn't the payout stay the same on the expected chart?
But if I'm picking one of the coins for my payout coin that went down wouldn't I get less payout than the day before?

Not sure what all figures goes into the expected payout chart but I have never hit it the times I have tested here, always under. If some new fixes were put in recently I'll run another test and post up the results again.
If you're willing to run this test again, then I suggest a change to make it as accurate as possible. Use two miners, one at each pool, and run them simultaneously.

That will eliminate two possible issues. First, the changes we made recently will be accounted for, and second, the prices won't affect your earnings. During a time of price increases, you would expect to earn more each subsequent day, so if you started the first day at one pool and the second day at another pool, and then switch back and forth each day, the second pool will always be more profitable than the first because that second day will have higher prices than the day before.
Only have the one miner, but since I am picking LTC on both sites, I do not see price increases playing any more of a role than network difficulty increases which should effect both pools equally. As I am not computing $ earned profit but rather where I get the most coins from, this is the data I collected over the past 4 days.

I ran my miner on Prohashing on 2/17 and for 24 hours got 0.05050467 LTC.
mining for 24 hours on Litecoinpool on 2/18 and got 0.0538 LTC
0.05050467 / 0.0538 = .9387, so when the difficulty jumps I only got 6% more at litecoinpool for the following 24 hours.

Came back over to Prohashing on 2/19 and for 24 hours got 0.04712308 LTC
The next day ran at litecoinpool on 2/20 and for the last 24 hours I just got 0.0533
0.04712308 / 0.0533 = .8841 so over 10% more.

Bottom line for me, I can get more LTC paid out to me per day of mining at the other site.
If I was going to trade LTC for BTC or ETH or something and didnt want to pay 6-10% to convert them, then I could mine here and just pick my coin payout. But since I am totally fine getting my payout in LTC, It only seems to make sense to me to mine at the pool that will give me the most of them per day.

If I was choosing a different payout coin, or selling daily for the maxed profit, then this pool might be a better choice, but as a hodler, I have to go where I can get the most # of coins per day. I will be happy to check back for a few days once you have the new internet service up and running, maybe give it a week to work out any bugs then check back.

Good luck!
Hope the new service gets installed soon and it increases profits.
vaultminer

Re: Payout Comparison

Post by vaultminer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:32 am

I don't think there is enough data here for a meaningful comparison. I'll be running a test with 5 miners on Prohashing and 5 miners on Litecoinpool simultaneously for 30 days or so. I'll post an update here when I have the data
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Payout Comparison

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:45 am

CSZiggy wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
CSZiggy wrote:Coin payout choices then?

If I could select just the people who picked LTC for payouts then maybe that line would reflect what I got paid out and might match?

If the next day half the coins go down and the other half go up during the day, wouldn't the payout stay the same on the expected chart?
But if I'm picking one of the coins for my payout coin that went down wouldn't I get less payout than the day before?

Not sure what all figures goes into the expected payout chart but I have never hit it the times I have tested here, always under. If some new fixes were put in recently I'll run another test and post up the results again.
If you're willing to run this test again, then I suggest a change to make it as accurate as possible. Use two miners, one at each pool, and run them simultaneously.

That will eliminate two possible issues. First, the changes we made recently will be accounted for, and second, the prices won't affect your earnings. During a time of price increases, you would expect to earn more each subsequent day, so if you started the first day at one pool and the second day at another pool, and then switch back and forth each day, the second pool will always be more profitable than the first because that second day will have higher prices than the day before.
Only have the one miner, but since I am picking LTC on both sites, I do not see price increases playing any more of a role than network difficulty increases which should effect both pools equally. As I am not computing $ earned profit but rather where I get the most coins from, this is the data I collected over the past 4 days.

I ran my miner on Prohashing on 2/17 and for 24 hours got 0.05050467 LTC.
mining for 24 hours on Litecoinpool on 2/18 and got 0.0538 LTC
0.05050467 / 0.0538 = .9387, so when the difficulty jumps I only got 6% more at litecoinpool for the following 24 hours.

Came back over to Prohashing on 2/19 and for 24 hours got 0.04712308 LTC
The next day ran at litecoinpool on 2/20 and for the last 24 hours I just got 0.0533
0.04712308 / 0.0533 = .8841 so over 10% more.

Bottom line for me, I can get more LTC paid out to me per day of mining at the other site.
If I was going to trade LTC for BTC or ETH or something and didnt want to pay 6-10% to convert them, then I could mine here and just pick my coin payout. But since I am totally fine getting my payout in LTC, It only seems to make sense to me to mine at the pool that will give me the most of them per day.

If I was choosing a different payout coin, or selling daily for the maxed profit, then this pool might be a better choice, but as a hodler, I have to go where I can get the most # of coins per day. I will be happy to check back for a few days once you have the new internet service up and running, maybe give it a week to work out any bugs then check back.

Good luck!
Hope the new service gets installed soon and it increases profits.
I appreciate the help, but I still think this comparison isn't what we need to begin a lengthy investigation. I think that, in a previous post, I mentioned that we need miners connected to both pools at the same time, not on different days. Until we have a measurement of what miners would earn when mining in exactly the same conditions, we can't take action on that data.

Here is the test we really need:
  • Connect two miners, one to each pool, of the same exact type, at the same exact time, for the same length of time
  • Record the hashrate of the miners reported at both pools, and the hashrate of the miners reported in the mining software
  • Report the amount of profit earned at both pools during that time only
If the results are that litecoinpool is able to provide 10% more profit than here, then there are three possibilities: the type of miner you are using is highly optimized for litecoinpool's mining, there is a serious bug that we aren't aware of, or they are operating at a loss. You can help us figure out which ones are true.