Rejected (Miner is using an incorrect algorithm.)

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
bitMaster

Rejected (Miner is using an incorrect algorithm.)

Post by bitMaster » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:19 pm

I keep getting this when running my Antminer U3, I have the config file set up to use scrypt, but I don't know if that is all right.

My Bat File

Code: Select all

start cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:1 -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u Vitrell -p c=litecoin --bmsc-voltage 0755 --bmsc-freq 0882
My Config File:

{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333",
                "user" : "username",
                "pass" : " "
        }
],

"scrypt" : true,
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
What am I doing wrong?
JiveTonto

Re: Rejected (Miner is using an incorrect algorithm.)

Post by JiveTonto » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:27 pm

thats a sha256 miner and your trying to use it on scrypt?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:44 pm

I can't seen to figure out what type of miner this is, but all the advertising I see is for a "bitcoin miner," which seems to agree with what JiveTonto said.

We want to get scrypt right before we implement SHA-256. Feel free to connect scrypt miners or to check back in a few months, though!
loszhor

Post by loszhor » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:24 pm

bitMaster wrote:I keep getting this when running my Antminer U3, I have the config file set up to use scrypt, but I don't know if that is all right.

My Bat File

start cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:1 -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u Vitrell -p c=litecoin --bmsc-voltage 0755 --bmsc-freq 0882
My Config File:

{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333",
                "user" : "username",
                "pass" : " "
        }
],

"scrypt" : true,
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
What am I doing wrong?
Yes, the Bitmain manufacturer only makes SHA256 mining equipment. I recommend a ZEUS or Gridseed if you wish to mine for Scrypt. Off the top of my head, in terms of a large pool with merge mining for SHA256, would be Ghash.io. Otherwise, the next best option would be to mine for a flavor of the month coin for the purposes of quick trading.
vegasguy

Post by vegasguy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:10 am

Have you any plans to add Sha-256 support in the near future? This is the predominant miners as most scrypt miners are horribly inneficiant and non profitable (except the incredibly expensive titan). I have 13 Ths of Sha-256 power I would love to use here.
loszhor

Post by loszhor » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:30 am

vegasguy wrote:Have you any plans to add Sha-256 support in the near future? This is the predominant miners as most scrypt miners are horribly inneficiant and non profitable (except the incredibly expensive titan). I have 13 Ths of Sha-256 power I would love to use here.
What is or is not profitable depends on what you mine on how.