Help with calculating Profits

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
rendesu

Help with calculating Profits

Post by rendesu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Hello,

I have 2x antminer L3+ (1 GHs) @1600 watts

How much profit will i make if I am charged .35 for electricity?
GregoryGHarding

Re: Help with calculating Profits

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:24 pm

read over the password arguments for power usage options that way you can track power cost in your prohashing earnings charts, i think its W= and P=, read help section for full details
rendesu

Post by rendesu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:11 pm

excluding power usage, how will i do the math to get the profits before bills?
mwinters

Post by mwinters » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 pm

rendesu wrote:excluding power usage, how will i do the math to get the profits before bills?
All you need to do is google mining calculator, there are millions. I recommend cryptocompare.com.
rendesu

Post by rendesu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:22 pm

But isn't the pay outs different on this server? Like its mining so many different scrypt coins etc?
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:06 am

I would say try this: https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashr ... ycost=0.35

That will show profits on litecoinpool, and a pretty decent estimate on power costs.

And since litecoinpool is typically anywhere from 10-15% higher than the 1M/H expected payout chart displayed on this pools main page, I would take the monthly profit on litecoinpool and multiply it by .85 to see how much you will make here on this pool for a month.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:20 pm

CSZiggy wrote:I would say try this: https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashr ... ycost=0.35

That will show profits on litecoinpool, and a pretty decent estimate on power costs.

And since litecoinpool is typically anywhere from 10-15% higher than the 1M/H expected payout chart displayed on this pools main page, I would take the monthly profit on litecoinpool and multiply it by .85 to see how much you will make here on this pool for a month.
That seems sort of exaggerated. What mining rigs are you using that can get 15% at litecoinpool?
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:40 am

rendesu wrote:Hello,

I have 2x antminer L3+ (1 GHs) @1600 watts

How much profit will i make if I am charged .35 for electricity?
wow, i thought my electricity was expensive at 0.12

you should figure your watts closer to 1800 to 1900 to allow for your power supply inefficiency between 5-10%
also higher watts if you overclock your L3+, which most everybody does.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:39 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
CSZiggy wrote:I would say try this: https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashr ... ycost=0.35

That seems sort of exaggerated. What mining rigs are you using that can get 15% at litecoinpool?
I am using a single L3+
I ran three 24-hour tests here on prohashing, using the autopool and selecting LTC as my payout and on litecoinpool.
I made .07 litecoins here. The next 24-hours when I tested at litecoin pool I made .08 for the 24-hours.

Litecoin pool runs from 12am to 12am, while prohashing goes from 6 to 6. So on the days I ran at prohashing I would have to wait until the following day to get 25% from one day and the other 75% on the other day.

But when added, I got .08 at litecoinpool and only .07 LTC per day on prohashing. I ran it for 6 days, every other day on the other pool and for the week I ran it it was always the same. Auto pool paid out .07 here and .08 on litecoinpool.

.07 / .08 = .875

So like I said, payout here on prohashing autopool is 10-15% lower....87.5% of the litecoinpool payout on here doesnt seem to be an exaggeration.
It's great that you used the chart on the main page and calculated that litecoinpool doesn't pay out any higher or lower. If only the chart on your main page was at all accurate. For the week I was here, your 1M/H expected payouts were off over 10% daily from what I was making.

I think as long as you are including the miners who are static c= mining into the scrypt 1/MH expected payout tables, those tables will continue to be incorrect for anyone using the autoswitch pool to try and compute their daily payouts. Until you ban c= mining, or seperate out the autopool from the cherry-picking c= miners, your 1/MH expected chart will continue to be off.

"I’m curious to see how much lower your earnings are for your machines, because I haven't calculated a significant difference with ours"
If the values you used to calculate were at all accurate and not skewed by including c= miners in the autopool expected payout then you would see the difference.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:37 pm

CSZiggy wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

I am using a single L3+
I ran three 24-hour tests here on prohashing, using the autopool and selecting LTC as my payout and on litecoinpool.
I made .07 litecoins here. The next 24-hours when I tested at litecoin pool I made .08 for the 24-hours.

Litecoin pool runs from 12am to 12am, while prohashing goes from 6 to 6. So on the days I ran at prohashing I would have to wait until the following day to get 25% from one day and the other 75% on the other day.

But when added, I got .08 at litecoinpool and only .07 LTC per day on prohashing. I ran it for 6 days, every other day on the other pool and for the week I ran it it was always the same. Auto pool paid out .07 here and .08 on litecoinpool.

.07 / .08 = .875

So like I said, payout here on prohashing autopool is 10-15% lower....87.5% of the litecoinpool payout on here doesnt seem to be an exaggeration.
It's great that you used the chart on the main page and calculated that litecoinpool doesn't pay out any higher or lower. If only the chart on your main page was at all accurate. For the week I was here, your 1M/H expected payouts were off over 10% daily from what I was making.

I think as long as you are including the miners who are static c= mining into the scrypt 1/MH expected payout tables, those tables will continue to be incorrect for anyone using the autoswitch pool to try and compute their daily payouts. Until you ban c= mining, or seperate out the autopool from the cherry-picking c= miners, your 1/MH expected chart will continue to be off.

"I’m curious to see how much lower your earnings are for your machines, because I haven't calculated a significant difference with ours"
If the values you used to calculate were at all accurate and not skewed by including c= miners in the autopool expected payout then you would see the difference.
Static miners aren't being included in those calculations, so that definitely can't be the cause. Only dynamic miners are included. It's possible that it could be something specific to L3s, of course, but many people use them. If the difference were that severe, I would expect every person here to be making a huge deal about it.

Which days were you making these calculations on? Are you sure that the time period wasn't a few weeks ago, before we fixed many bugs and were able to increase profitability by almost 11%? Perhaps the reason I can't reproduce the issue is because the data is from a while ago.