Help with calculating Profits

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
rendesu
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:35 am

Help with calculating Profits

Postby rendesu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Hello,

I have 2x antminer L3+ (1 GHs) @1600 watts

How much profit will i make if I am charged .35 for electricity?
User avatar
GregoryGHarding
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Help with calculating Profits

Postby GregoryGHarding » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:24 pm

read over the password arguments for power usage options that way you can track power cost in your prohashing earnings charts, i think its W= and P=, read help section for full details
--------------------------------->Join the Prohashing Slack Group Here<--------------------------------
rendesu
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:35 am

Re: Help with calculating Profits

Postby rendesu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:11 pm

excluding power usage, how will i do the math to get the profits before bills?
mwinters
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Help with calculating Profits

Postby mwinters » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 pm

rendesu wrote:excluding power usage, how will i do the math to get the profits before bills?


All you need to do is google mining calculator, there are millions. I recommend cryptocompare.com.
rendesu
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:35 am

Re: Help with calculating Profits

Postby rendesu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:22 pm

But isn't the pay outs different on this server? Like its mining so many different scrypt coins etc?
User avatar
CSZiggy
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:44 pm

Re: Help with calculating Profits

Postby CSZiggy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:06 am

I would say try this: https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=1000&speedunit=MH%2Fs&difficulty=4765866.1414292&price=220.00000000&currency=USD&power=1600&energycost=0.35

That will show profits on litecoinpool, and a pretty decent estimate on power costs.

And since litecoinpool is typically anywhere from 10-15% higher than the 1M/H expected payout chart displayed on this pools main page, I would take the monthly profit on litecoinpool and multiply it by .85 to see how much you will make here on this pool for a month.
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Re: Help with calculating Profits

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:20 pm

CSZiggy wrote:I would say try this: https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=1000&speedunit=MH%2Fs&difficulty=4765866.1414292&price=220.00000000&currency=USD&power=1600&energycost=0.35

That will show profits on litecoinpool, and a pretty decent estimate on power costs.

And since litecoinpool is typically anywhere from 10-15% higher than the 1M/H expected payout chart displayed on this pools main page, I would take the monthly profit on litecoinpool and multiply it by .85 to see how much you will make here on this pool for a month.


That seems sort of exaggerated. What mining rigs are you using that can get 15% at litecoinpool?
dnprod
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:19 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Help with calculating Profits

Postby dnprod » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:40 am

rendesu wrote:Hello,

I have 2x antminer L3+ (1 GHs) @1600 watts

How much profit will i make if I am charged .35 for electricity?


wow, i thought my electricity was expensive at 0.12

you should figure your watts closer to 1800 to 1900 to allow for your power supply inefficiency between 5-10%
also higher watts if you overclock your L3+, which most everybody does.
User avatar
CSZiggy
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:44 pm

Re: Help with calculating Profits

Postby CSZiggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:39 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
CSZiggy wrote:I would say try this: https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=1000&speedunit=MH%2Fs&difficulty=4765866.1414292&price=220.00000000&currency=USD&power=1600&energycost=0.35

That will show profits on litecoinpool, and a pretty decent estimate on power costs.

And since litecoinpool is typically anywhere from 10-15% higher than the 1M/H expected payout chart displayed on this pools main page, I would take the monthly profit on litecoinpool and multiply it by .85 to see how much you will make here on this pool for a month.


That seems sort of exaggerated. What mining rigs are you using that can get 15% at litecoinpool?


I am using a single L3+
I ran three 24-hour tests here on prohashing, using the autopool and selecting LTC as my payout and on litecoinpool.
I made .07 litecoins here. The next 24-hours when I tested at litecoin pool I made .08 for the 24-hours.

Litecoin pool runs from 12am to 12am, while prohashing goes from 6 to 6. So on the days I ran at prohashing I would have to wait until the following day to get 25% from one day and the other 75% on the other day.

But when added, I got .08 at litecoinpool and only .07 LTC per day on prohashing. I ran it for 6 days, every other day on the other pool and for the week I ran it it was always the same. Auto pool paid out .07 here and .08 on litecoinpool.

.07 / .08 = .875

So like I said, payout here on prohashing autopool is 10-15% lower....87.5% of the litecoinpool payout on here doesnt seem to be an exaggeration.
It's great that you used the chart on the main page and calculated that litecoinpool doesn't pay out any higher or lower. If only the chart on your main page was at all accurate. For the week I was here, your 1M/H expected payouts were off over 10% daily from what I was making.

I think as long as you are including the miners who are static c= mining into the scrypt 1/MH expected payout tables, those tables will continue to be incorrect for anyone using the autoswitch pool to try and compute their daily payouts. Until you ban c= mining, or seperate out the autopool from the cherry-picking c= miners, your 1/MH expected chart will continue to be off.

"I’m curious to see how much lower your earnings are for your machines, because I haven't calculated a significant difference with ours"
If the values you used to calculate were at all accurate and not skewed by including c= miners in the autopool expected payout then you would see the difference.
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Re: Help with calculating Profits

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:37 pm

CSZiggy wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
CSZiggy wrote:I would say try this: https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=1000&speedunit=MH%2Fs&difficulty=4765866.1414292&price=220.00000000&currency=USD&power=1600&energycost=0.35

That will show profits on litecoinpool, and a pretty decent estimate on power costs.

And since litecoinpool is typically anywhere from 10-15% higher than the 1M/H expected payout chart displayed on this pools main page, I would take the monthly profit on litecoinpool and multiply it by .85 to see how much you will make here on this pool for a month.


That seems sort of exaggerated. What mining rigs are you using that can get 15% at litecoinpool?


I am using a single L3+
I ran three 24-hour tests here on prohashing, using the autopool and selecting LTC as my payout and on litecoinpool.
I made .07 litecoins here. The next 24-hours when I tested at litecoin pool I made .08 for the 24-hours.

Litecoin pool runs from 12am to 12am, while prohashing goes from 6 to 6. So on the days I ran at prohashing I would have to wait until the following day to get 25% from one day and the other 75% on the other day.

But when added, I got .08 at litecoinpool and only .07 LTC per day on prohashing. I ran it for 6 days, every other day on the other pool and for the week I ran it it was always the same. Auto pool paid out .07 here and .08 on litecoinpool.

.07 / .08 = .875

So like I said, payout here on prohashing autopool is 10-15% lower....87.5% of the litecoinpool payout on here doesnt seem to be an exaggeration.
It's great that you used the chart on the main page and calculated that litecoinpool doesn't pay out any higher or lower. If only the chart on your main page was at all accurate. For the week I was here, your 1M/H expected payouts were off over 10% daily from what I was making.

I think as long as you are including the miners who are static c= mining into the scrypt 1/MH expected payout tables, those tables will continue to be incorrect for anyone using the autoswitch pool to try and compute their daily payouts. Until you ban c= mining, or seperate out the autopool from the cherry-picking c= miners, your 1/MH expected chart will continue to be off.

"I’m curious to see how much lower your earnings are for your machines, because I haven't calculated a significant difference with ours"
If the values you used to calculate were at all accurate and not skewed by including c= miners in the autopool expected payout then you would see the difference.


Static miners aren't being included in those calculations, so that definitely can't be the cause. Only dynamic miners are included. It's possible that it could be something specific to L3s, of course, but many people use them. If the difference were that severe, I would expect every person here to be making a huge deal about it.

Which days were you making these calculations on? Are you sure that the time period wasn't a few weeks ago, before we fixed many bugs and were able to increase profitability by almost 11%? Perhaps the reason I can't reproduce the issue is because the data is from a while ago.

Return to “System support and feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests