hey all, new user with questions

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
eldookae

hey all, new user with questions

Post by eldookae » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:45 am

Hey all, I am new to mining (have not started mining yet) and am a little overwhelmed and confused. There are so many variables to go over and learn. I am wondering if there is someone who for a fee would take an hour or less on the phone and help me figure all this out (on a basic level) and get me started mining. As of now I have a couple gtx 980 ti systems, a 1080 system and a 1080ti system to start on and once I get learn a little more and am able to find hardware in stock would like to build a dedicated miner or two.

Thanks!
eldookae

Re: hey all, new user with questions

Post by eldookae » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 am

I am up and mining on two pcs atm, one is a 1080 system and the other is a 1080ti. I am using awesome miner on each one. They are currently saying I am earning .001062 and .001626 btc per day. Does this sound about right? It is set to mine whatever is the most profitable coin to mine in awesome miner. This a good setup for use here at prohashing? Recommend any other ways to mine? I see the two workers status here on the website and notice it switches coins all the time, this normal I presume? I set prohashing to send payment to litecoin, so every so often it will automatically send litecoin to me then?

Also the earnings per day it shows in awesome miner would be approx 25 dollars a day for the 2 systems, this seem right?

thanks again all
eldookae

Post by eldookae » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:02 am

Okay, next update, under Earnings it says

Rejects Share Reasons
Miner is using an incorrect algorithm. 20

Ideas what this means and how to fix?
eldookae

Post by eldookae » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:48 am

Okay, back again. I now had a count of 80 on the 'Miner is using an incorrect algorithm.'

I was looking through the settings in Awesome Miner and in the Pool settings it has a drop down to select a Coin. Depending on which coin I chose either ccminer would load when I started mining or excavator would start. When excavator would run everything seems to work (connects to prohasing with my username etc) but when ccminer runs it cannot connect.

What should I choose for Coin in this spot? Is excavator the miner that should be running?

https://imgur.com/11dvBNl
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 am

Be aware you are mining with GPUs on a pool that has algos that ASIC machines can use.

There might be other pools, with asic-resistant coins that only work with GPU rigs, that will give you a higher profit payout than you will be able to get using the video cards to just mine on X11 and Scrypt algos.

The incorrect algo errors might be due to the time it takes for the GPUs to find shares.

Good Luck
HAPPY HASHING!
eldookae

Post by eldookae » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 am

Hey appleminer, thanks for the reply, where do gpu miners go to mine, do you know any pools I should be looking at? Apparently there must be some as every gpu on the planet is oos :) Is it not profitable to mine here with gpus do you think? How can I find out how profitable it is or isn't mining in this pool? I am currently getting ~825 mh/s on my 1080 and 1250 on my 1080ti according to awesome miner.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:53 am

eldookae wrote: Apparently there must be some as every gpu on the planet is oos :)
Not sure what this means, sorry.

Guess it depends on the algo you are mining on...but I do not think your awesome miner is working correctly on this pool.
The 1080 and 1080TI I think only pull 30 megahash each. so maybe 60 total? So not sure how awesome miner is reporting 825 and 1250 for hashrates.

I would suggest maybe looking into Claymore’s Dual Ethereum GPU Miner for Windows.
This should allow you to mine Ether and merge mine another coin at the same time for a bit of extra profits.

Just need a pool that has ether mining on it.
GOOD LUCK!