Found Blocks Question

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
scooby09

Found Blocks Question

Post by scooby09 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:41 pm

First let me apologize as this is probably a dumb question, but I am not really following the "Found Blocks" section. If I find a block and status is Mature and value say is $20. What exactly does that mean, do all $20 supposed to go to my account, or that is the total prize that then gets divvied up among all miners?
AppleMiner

Re: Found Blocks Question

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 pm

That would depend.

If you are in SOLO mode, using m=solo as part of your password, then you get the block reward, but only if and when you find it, the rest of the time you get merged mining pennies.

If you are in PPS mode(didnt put m=solo in the password) then the reward is split by everyone in the pool, which is why you are getting paid out even during the times when YOU are not finding the blocks and others are.
scooby09

Re: Found Blocks Question

Post by scooby09 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:52 pm

AppleMiner wrote:That would depend.

If you are in SOLO mode, using m=solo as part of your password, then you get the block reward, but only if and when you find it, the rest of the time you get merged mining pennies.

If you are in PPS mode(didnt put m=solo in the password) then the reward is split by everyone in the pool, which is why you are getting paid out even during the times when YOU are not finding the blocks and others are.

AHHHHH ok, makes sense.... thanks for clearing that up. I am just using password_worker... i figured that would be the 'steadiest' stream of revenue. I just have one L3+. Do you have any advice, should I change my password setting, or is the general worker ideal if I only have one miner?