Noob question / A4+ Setup

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
internetizeme

Noob question / A4+ Setup

Post by internetizeme » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi all,

I have a couple of Innosilicon A4+ miners (620MH), working fine, no complaints about payouts etc.

Would someone know the optimal difficulty to set for this specific miner for max profit?

Any tips welcome and much appreciated.
AppleMiner

Re: Noob question / A4+ Setup

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:42 pm

I haven't found them to be as good as the L3+s for switching coins.
Their interface seems rather slow, just clicking on a tab can take 1-2 mins before you get updated page with info on it.

I ended up putting my A4+s into static mode and leaving them on the same coin.
They seem to suffer from the same issues as the Titans...they take a while to ramp up, and it seems like with each coin switch, they have to ramp back up each time to get max hashrates going again. When the pool swaps my L3+s or I move them to a new setting, the settings apply, and the miners switch right into the new settings. The A4+s are not as responsive and I do not think are as good as the L3+s.

I haven't messed with looking for a difficulty on them since I just left them on a static coin and the pool assigned me whatever diff was on that port for that coin. If you play with a few and find best settings, please let us know.
internetizeme

Post by internetizeme » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Thank you,

I found that static litecoin works better. I will now play with the difficulty settings and update here.
internetizeme

Post by internetizeme » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:56 pm

I found that the optimal configuration for l4 is when the coin is static and difficulty set to a larger value as the miner seems to restart less as @AppleMiner suggested.

Example

n=somename c=litecoin d=65536
freewilly

Post by freewilly » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:08 pm

I'm trying to set my A4 Dominator miner to mine solo but the 'password' field in my A4 Dominator will not allow the password arguments due to the space you have to use for solo mining:

c=coin m=solo n=worker

Has anyone had issues with this yet???? I've tried c=coin,m=solo | c=coinm=solo
The second doesn't work since theres no space and first only makes it one word as well so prohashing wil still not recognize it.

I have most recent firm 2.0.3 and everything.

Please advise and thank you for your time :) Happy Mining! :)
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:26 pm

put it in quotes

ex
"a=scrypt m=solo"
freewilly

Post by freewilly » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Holy crap, it worked!! I can't believe i didn't think of that! :D

Thank you SO much Mr. Harding!! Prohashing should hire you! haha
GregoryGHarding