Payout eligible lower than live balance-why?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
leeb18509

Payout eligible lower than live balance-why?

Post by leeb18509 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 pm

I had a checkmark and payment time after I exceeded the "free threshold" for ether. Then an hour later the checkmark is gone and even though my balance is over the threshold my "payout eligible" is less than balance. For my LTC it is the SAME amount. Why is this and why does it seem the only way I can get a payout is to lower the threshold and incur a fee. When I do this, the payment checkmark and time reappear. This is really getting frustrating. I like this pool but I want to get paid!
spauk

Re: Payout eligible lower than live balance-why?

Post by spauk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:13 pm

the value of the coin changed most likely. payout thresholds adjust with current market value. it's like 1 or 2 dollars for most coins. i think eth is like 100 dollar payout threshold right now or 0.085178 eth for no fee payout. so the coin probably went up in value delaying payout. that's some crazy shit seeing eth over 1000 dollars
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:34 pm

A posted pic of what you are describing would be very helpful.

So its hard to tell but how I am reading it, your balance is over the threshold, but your payout eligible is less than the balance.
So each night at server midnight, your balance that you earned in the past 24 hours is added to your payout eligible balance, and then that is checked vs the payout threshold and the network minimum, if it is over BOTH of those values, it flags it for a payout in the next 24-hour period. At server midnight the payout eligible value is locked in for the day until the next server midnight check. From that point on, you are earning on the balance, then that next days balance gets added to the payout eligible.

So from what I am reading you said, it seems you had or thought you had enough for a payout, and then at server midnight it moved stuff over, checked, and maybe there was a higher fee or network or minimum, or the minimum value is .1 if your coin is $100 then .1 is only $10 but if your coin rises up to $200 before the server midnight...then at server midnight you need to have had $20 for it to trigger a payout. At server midnight it moved the days balance, checked the payout eligible, didnt find it over both values and moved on to the next day.

Again, if you post up a pic of the live balance for the coin you are talking about we might be able to find more info for you on it.

What time zone are you mining from?
Sometimes the timezone difference can affect payouts if the people don't understand 5 hours offsets or whatever.
spauk

Post by spauk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 pm

yea it helps when you speak proper english and give all the information. i just threw a guess out there, but i'm not that knowledgeable. ethereum did kinda blow up in value though, so i'm guessing that's it
leeb18509

Post by leeb18509 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 pm

Really dude.. My English is fine. Maybe you could try to find the "shift" key on your keyboard once in awhile. Anyway I was going to thank you for the response. Appleminer makes sense and I also have a read a bunch of the looong help page.

I had been mining for days and had well OVER $100 in ether, so I expected a payout. That's when I noticed that my total balance didn't match the "payout eligible" balance which was under the default free threshold. I guess what's confusing is there isn't any issue with this when being paid in LTC. So I figured same, same.

I ended up lowering the free threshold to below my eligible balance (incuring a fee) and had a payout to coinbase in less than 2 hours. ~$88 and it left $10 in my balance. If I understand correctly, that will be transferred to the payout eligible tonight at midnight. (I'm in the MNT timezone)

The coin may go up or down but you can't have a system where the goalpost keeps moving, so I'm not buying that. That has to be expected. If anything, it's the downward movement where your mined coin is LESS valuable that delay a payment due to the threshold right? I might just go back to LTC, I'm not sure. Or LTCpool.org. I like the choice of payment coins, but I feel like profit is very close to the same and a lot less drama to boot. Cheers...
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 pm

I guess it depends if you are tracking coins or $.

If the threshold is .1 and the value of the coin goes from $100 to $300, then the minimum needed goes from $10 to $30.
it's still the same .1 as before, that hasnt changed, the amount of money needed to make .1 of that coin has.

If you are making $20 a day...at $100 a coin you do get a payout...at $300 for a single coin, you would need 2 days for a payout.

Except in the strange case of Ethereum, I read there was an error on the network that made the fees and prices all go out of whack, and it wasnt just on this pool, it was an issue with their network, I think i posted up a link...here https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-time- ... al-issues/
leeb18509

Post by leeb18509 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Sounds like just bad timing on my part.