Advanced Internet Blocks/Blockchains

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Advanced Internet Blocks/Blockchains

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:32 am

CSZiggy wrote:I could be wrong, but I thought I remember reading some time back about a policy change the pool put in.

Something about coins in error, going into error modes, having to delist them and them not wanting to ever bring back the coins that caused issues for the pool. It was a very profitable coin...at least for the miners who could swap and mine it before it floored down to 0 each time, and I doubt the pool ever sold them for what they were paying us to mine them, so with the losses they took over AIB, I couldn't see them bringing it back without a LOT of testing to make sure they don't take another bath on it.

Anytime you find a coin worth 20X what the top scrypt coin is paying, that isn't being automined by the pool, and you can static pick it, if even for 30 mins...that's equal to half the day's mining in all of 30 mins.
In general, the reason these coins aren't mined automatically is because their blocks are so fast that the work restarts and stale blocks cancel out any possible gains.

There seem to be some miners who throw lots of hashrate onto these coins, so I looked into how much they were actually earning. I found that these miners have so many stale shares that they earn far less, often 10%, of what they could have earned by dynamic mining.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:07 am

In the past I've pointed all my machines at the top earning scrpyt coins on this pool.(botted script cherry picking)
When AIB was around I was able to point at that coin and earn an entire days worth of profits in less than an hour.
So while some others might not have made 90% of what they should have, some of the rest of us were making 24X our normals.

Maybe after the changes made that normalized the large hashrates being added, and calculated their correct hashrates and profits that number may no longer exist, but when AIB was around and hitting 60X what the next lowest coin was, cherry picking it was EXTREMELY profitable. It was the donation coin of its time. The trickiest part of AIB, was getting the script to spell it out, as the name listed on the chart was always truncated you couldn't just copy/paste it, when it came up, there had to be a replacement in my script to change the truncated name full length so it would recognize and mine it.
aib

Post by aib » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:49 pm

CSZiggy wrote:In the past I've pointed all my machines at the top earning scrpyt coins on this pool.(botted script cherry picking)
When AIB was around I was able to point at that coin and earn an entire days worth of profits in less than an hour.
So while some others might not have made 90% of what they should have, some of the rest of us were making 24X our normals.

Maybe after the changes made that normalized the large hashrates being added, and calculated their correct hashrates and profits that number may no longer exist, but when AIB was around and hitting 60X what the next lowest coin was, cherry picking it was EXTREMELY profitable. It was the donation coin of its time. The trickiest part of AIB, was getting the script to spell it out, as the name listed on the chart was always truncated you couldn't just copy/paste it, when it came up, there had to be a replacement in my script to change the truncated name full length so it would recognize and mine it.
Thanks your positive comments, and AIB currently need more hash to secure its network, and its dual value and lighting network system.
welcome to drop by some word in telegram group.
https://t.me/aibone