Less coins being mined

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
eandrews

Less coins being mined

Post by eandrews » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi,

Up until 3 days ago I was mining 2-3 Cannabiscoins a day using my Antminer D3. At the same time my two other miners were mining smaller coins and finding up to 3 each of those a day.

Since 3 days ago my D3 has found zero Cannabiscoins. As well as the two other D3's would be lucky to have found 1 of the smaller coins each.

Now if it was just one crypto coin then it might be explained with increase in hasrate required and thus difficulty. However since it has occured on all 3 coins being mined I would think it is more of a problem.

I have check the D3 miners and they have continued to work how they should. I have even rebooted them to give them a hard reset and clear out the cache. I am coming to the conclusion that there might be something wrong on Prohashing's side as just yesterday I noticed that the $ value of the coins the D3's did mine does not tally up with the graphs.

The password settings for the D3 mining Cannabiscoin is:
a=x11 m=solo c=Cannabiscoin n=ant2 w=1200 p=0.13

The other D3's have different c= and n= .

I had submitted a ticket to Prohashing but after 2 days waiting for a reply get referred over to the forum.

Please help.
gestalt

Re: Less coins being mined

Post by gestalt » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Looks like the difficulty may have jumped recently:

https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-cha ... ulty-chart
spauk

Post by spauk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:31 pm

i just chalk it up to bad luck.. but i can offer no advice for x11 or d3, and don't own cannabiscoin anymore
eandrews

Post by eandrews » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:43 pm

Looks like Cannabiscoin jumped in difficulty... that does not explain why two other coins went south at the same time.... had been mining Influxcoin and MonetaryUnit. I was solo mining up to 3 coins each around the 1st/2nd of the month and might just be lucky to scrap through one of each now.

Any suggestions on good X11 coins to try out?

Thanks
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:08 am

Heres the part that sux.. The 3 coins you mentioned above, cannabiscoin difficulty sky rocketed and of course the hash rate has increased.

Even thou Influx and Mue the difficulty seems to come down a bit if you actually watch them theirs is also rising much faster in shorter periods of time then dropping again. about 2 weeks ago neither of those 2 coins had a very large hash rate thrown at them and both have been very stable price wise, in last week both have been up and down bad just like cann has. so when you have a dozen exchanges all selling at different prices you can see the profitabilty of those coins go up as well hence every pool that can mine those coins throws all their hash power there to suck up every last block they can at a lower diff leaving you to try to scrap by on the higher diff blocks.

To be honest x11 is a little screwy with coins. there are alot of them but it is very hard to find pools to mine the coin you think you can do ok with in the future. then you try for sometimes days to get a wallet set up because normally you cant use an exchange to mine too only to find out the wallet has no working nodes or is no longer supported or you cant find a bootstrap file and it takes days trying sync to only lock up and i could go on and on and on. the short story is you have to just dig your heels in and do tons of searching and research and sometimes just pointing your miner at pools to see if they even work.

there are some ways around the pool issue but you will learn that with time.

All i can say is happy hunting and hashing.
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:18 am

might be better to pool mine at some point if solo mining doesn't reach expectations. nicehash being back up means more hash being thrown at networks. you can also look at other pools stats to compare pool hashrates. granatgas pool stats are public and seems decent for an anonymous pool, not sure if it has the payout coin you want though, i liked how their scrypt pool worked when it was up when i tried it. i recommend prohashing of course but it's good to look at the options
eandrews

Post by eandrews » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:49 am

Thanks guys for the good replies and advice.