Idiots swarming their own wallets = Causing the very high orphan rates = Prohahsing

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
JiveTonto

Idiots swarming their own wallets = Causing the very high orphan rates = Prohahsing

Post by JiveTonto » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:50 pm

So alot of the coins here have very high orphan rates compared to anywhere else..........which is turn means wasted hashrate/hashpower
If any of you look at the daily profit report you'll know what im talking about,So ive done a little test on a few coins over the past 2-3 days to see if i can make their autoswitcher flood a coin with hashrate causing there wallet/daemon not be able to keep up with the found blocks........this causes it not to send work restart's in a timly manner making miners to contine to do the same set of work units resulting in a orphan when a block is found again.

example::

Bunnycoin
-not even included in the 28.12.2017 profit report even tho i mined and received it
27.12.2017 daily report info - here you can see they expected a very high orphan rate,even tho it was much lower (because i spent a good part of the day solo mining it stabilsing the hashrate for the wallet/daemon)

and heres what happening when the wallet/daemon is getting swarmed, prohashing is focusing its workers to the coin (this is from the live blocks found on the homepage)

and heres the result im seeing for my local worker with my personal blocks found

Your Server cant handle it?
Your swamping your own coins?
Your causing your own orphans?
Your wasting hashing power?

The temporary fix's of fixing difficulty at no lower than 65k are rubbish
To big to quick,to many shares,to many miners,what happened to the 2015 days

so steve or chris, what do you have to say about this?
JiveTonto

Re: Idiots swarming their own wallets = Causing the very high orphan rates = Prohahsing

Post by JiveTonto » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:03 pm

....like look at this

block 440 for over 20 minites and im still getting work units for the same block from their server?
AppleMiner

Re: Idiots swarming their own wallets = Causing the very high orphan rates = Prohahsing

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Some coins have a high rate of orphans, which is why the pool doesnt pick it sometimes to be mined.
AIB coin has a very nice payout...but the coin goes into error after 3-4 found blocks...orphaned 40% or so.

As a result, the nice payout is cut by the fact you arent on the pool mining it once its in error for a long time and in the meantime you arent making anything.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:28 pm

JiveTonto wrote:....like look at this

block 440 for over 20 minites and im still getting work units for the same block from their server?
I'll investigate this issue. It looks like, for some reason, the latest block wasn't received for this coin.
JiveTonto

Post by JiveTonto » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:31 pm

currently have over 1 hour and 30 block finds on 440
JiveTonto

Post by JiveTonto » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:23 pm

an issue with a few coins? looking at what ive earned with kitthcoin vs whats reported in your daily records?