Will prohashing support mining segwit2x x11 algo?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
recus1981

Will prohashing support mining segwit2x x11 algo?

Post by recus1981 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:22 am

I have Antminer D3's in the pool and I'm wondering if these can be utilized to mine segwit2x since it is x11 algo.

This would be a great thing if the D3's were profitable FINALLY!

Any feedback appreciated.
greaseman316

Re: Will prohashing support mining segwit2x x11 algo?

Post by greaseman316 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:36 am

Lets see if it actually happens and then if they can manage to even get the network online first. if those 2 things actually happen then im sure there would be support to mine it.

personally i do not see both happening. maybe yobit trades a crap ton of futures and maybe even makes a ton of money in trades in the mean time, but til we have something to mine its just crap.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:20 pm

If it comes online, we'll be glad to offer it - but not immediately, since we would need to purchase and install more hardware given that it's yet another copy of the entire bitcoin blockchain.

The developers of these coins need to understand that by starting from the bitcoin blockchain, they create enormous hardware requirements to store all that data. For one coin, it's easy; for 10 forks, it starts to add up in costs.
recus1981

Post by recus1981 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:36 pm

There's a ton of guys who bought the Antminer D3's expecting a big profit. If Prohashing is the first pool set up to mine segwit2x that would be a big win for Prohashing and all of us holding those D3 boat anchors.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:43 pm

recus1981 wrote:There's a ton of guys who bought the Antminer D3's expecting a big profit. If Prohashing is the first pool set up to mine segwit2x that would be a big win for Prohashing and all of us holding those D3 boat anchors.
That implies that it'll be a more profitable coin then all other x11 coins currently.

It'll be effectively new, don't expect it to be more profitable then the highest profitable coin on x11 currently.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:27 pm

It may be worth a ton more, but with a difficulty to boot, you are taking on the bitcoin initial difficulty.