What happens to hashrate percent when a coin seizes??

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
travelinmusic

What happens to hashrate percent when a coin seizes??

Post by travelinmusic » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:59 am

This has happened several times with several coins. for instance....
Last night I started mining Campuscoin. I like to pump up the percent on a new coin to get a large coin base going and then bring it down to 5% or lower.
I mined 1,799.79051096 that is showing this morning. But sometime during the night it seized and is stuck exactly at 1,799.79051096!
Where did the 30% hash power go? does it divert to another coin?
Other symptoms are that the threshold can show zero and the dollar value disappears.
IS SOMEONE SIPHONING OFF MY HASHRATE TO THEIR ILLICIT ACCOUNT?
WHERE DOES IT GO???
This has happened with mooncoin as well which is totally dead now and even if I set it at 50% it will not mine or show up in live balances, yet 50% is going somewhere?
Thanks for any info if anyone can provide insight on this...

Update... miraculously, after being seized for at least 20 minutes since I woke up and god knows how long when I was asleep, Campus coin has un-seized and start to mine again after I lowered it to 1% to save my hashrate to other functional coins.
greaseman316

Re: What happens to hashrate percent when a coin seizes??

Post by greaseman316 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:28 pm

This has happened several times with several coins. for instance....
Last night I started mining Campuscoin. I like to pump up the percent on a new coin to get a large coin base going and then bring it down to 5% or lower.
I mined 1,799.79051096 that is showing this morning. But sometime during the night it seized and is stuck exactly at 1,799.79051096!
Where did the 30% hash power go? does it divert to another coin?
Other symptoms are that the threshold can show zero and the dollar value disappears.
WHERE DOES IT GO???
Usually when there is an issue with the coin or exchange is when i have this problem. Not 100% sure about this but i always go back to litecoin before i change 100% to another coin and when i have an issue with said coin, my shares go back to litecoin.so not sure if this is default or server goes back to last used coin.. Since bitconnectcoin went to POS the same issue happens with it regularly. but i still trade in this coin a good bit.
this is normally a good sign of a problem with the exchange or connection issue
WHERE DOES IT GO???
since earnings are stored in the server id say you still have everything but maybe in another payout coin unless your exchange has a bad rep of throwing wallets into Maintenance then they become dust at payout. happen to me a couple of times and yes it BS but exchange dont care and wont help you.
This has happened with mooncoin as well which is totally dead now and even if I set it at 50% it will not mine or show up in live balances, yet 50% is going somewhere?
Thanks for any info if anyone can provide insight on this...

Update... miraculously, after being seized for at least 20 minutes since I woke up and god knows how long when I was asleep, Campus coin has un-seized and start to mine again after I lowered it to 1% to save my hashrate to other functional coins.
As i stated above about Bit Connect Coin same issue i will run it a few times a month at 100% and it will fail over to litecoin til Bit Connect error resolves.

Hope that helps a bit
Merry Christmas
G
travelinmusic

Post by travelinmusic » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:59 am

Thanks G! Had 4 coins seized this morning (two are verge and campuscoin) with same no dollar value showing in live balances which seems to indicate some connection to exchange rates not broadcasting proper to Prohashing. If it keeps up I will go 100% litecoin, or take more drastic measures, elsewhere. Just hoping the hashrate is pushed to another coin realtime when these seized coin problems occur.
Profits have been dropping steadily and it seems like there is a leak somewhere... hopefully patched soon.
Merry Christmas to you and all. He gave the gift of his only son to us all. We memorialize by leaving gifts under the tree of life. Best Wish
travelinmusic

Post by travelinmusic » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:44 pm

As of 1 minute ago. all four coins Campus, Verge, bitcoin plus, and Zcash are all seized with no cash value showing at live balances. Ive logged out and back in etc to no avail. On my way shortly to the ticket booth at this circus. (my ticket from over a week ago has yet to be answered)