Found 16 blocks w/ Antminer D3... Should I switch to SOLO Mining?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
oneezy

Found 16 blocks w/ Antminer D3... Should I switch to SOLO Mining?

Post by oneezy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:33 pm

I'm trying to figure out what would be the most profitable option.

PPS or SOLO?

My Antminer D3 found 16 blocks w/ the BestShare 348,647

I'm currently getting $7 to $8/ day (from my calculation) but I did just turn the miner on yesterday.

--

If I switch to SOLO Mining, what types of profit could I expect from 16 blocks?

Any help w/ this or informative help links sent my way will be appreciated.
AppleMiner

Re: Found 16 blocks w/ Antminer D3... Should I switch to SOLO Mining?

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:42 pm

Depends what coin you choose to mine, but if you go solo, dont expect to find as many if ANY blocks anytime soon.
oneezy

Post by oneezy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:50 pm

Can you explain why?

Is it because the "found blocks" are blocks from ALL coins in the pool?

When solo mining, am I only able to mine for 1 coin at a time?
JiveTonto

Post by JiveTonto » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:15 pm

im solo ming right now with a l3+ will report back after 24 hours and see how it goes
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:33 pm

oneezy wrote:Can you explain why?

Is it because the "found blocks" are blocks from ALL coins in the pool?

When solo mining, am I only able to mine for 1 coin at a time?
Solo mining means you'll only find blocks with whatever coin you decide to solo mine.

You could probably solo mine a coin that would get you blocks found easily, but those are not worth much.

Without you telling us what blocks you found and how much they are worth, it's really pointless.

That being said, i'll give you an example.

Someone (as of writing this) just found a fidget coin block, in fact, a lot of these were just found.

So lets say you solo mine fidget coin, and you said you turned it on yesterday right? Well lets pretend all 16 of those could have been found tomorrow with the black worth today.

You are currently mining, as you said, $7-8 per day multi-coin mining

16 x fidgetcoin blocks for one day = $0.1648, total. 16.48 cents for the entire day.

Doesn't seem worth it eh?

That's the problem with solo mining. To find what will get you a decent amount of blocks on a regular bases that actually have value to them that'll end up being more then multi-mining. In reality, this isn't likely. In fact, i'd even say it's impossible unless you have maybe hundreds of D3s.
JiveTonto

Post by JiveTonto » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:42 pm

but thing is its 7-15 % better to solo miner here because of the merge mining benefit.....even with the 2.99% fee of this pool when solo mining you"ll make more hypothetically than just going to a solo coin pool.

take your "fidget coin" for example you could go to a pool where just this coin is mined and pool fees are low .5 - 1 %
But here with the merge mining rewards if they are as pro hashing say (10-15% of a normal miners income here) you will end up getting more as a payout even if just solo mining
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Finding merged minging blocks is easy.

Try finding a DASH coin solo and let me know how that compares to just taking the $7 a day per D3.