Help page solo mining

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
greaseman316

Help page solo mining

Post by greaseman316 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Chris or Steve.
I have noticed a few folks getting confused about solo mining where they will enter the c=coin before m=solo and think they have solo set up only to find out the server is reading in order and if coin is not placed After m=solo it selects PPS. think maybe we could add this in the help page to to help prevent confusion.
adding an example would help im sure

thanks
G
greaseman316

Re: Help page solo mining

Post by greaseman316 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:24 pm

Sorry for 2nd post i read completely thru the help page and it seems there are multiple times that the c= is placed before m=solo which now i understand why so many are confused. such as
c=heisenberghex m=solo: Conducts solo mining on coin HeisenbergHex. When the worker finds a HeisenbergHex block, your account is credited with most of the value of that block (minus the pool fees). The block is not sold for other coins. Your account is also credited with merge-mining rewards.

In lieu of setting up a pool for your new coin: Use "c=[coin name] m=solo."

Either of these arguments do not work as shown without putting m=solo 1st
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:58 pm

I have 3 D3s and I just tried them with C=coin and m=solo and then with m=solo c=coin, and all 3 worked fine both ways.
Doesnt seem to matter to my D3 miners which order I give the coin/solo it parses it out just fine and works and puts in me solo mode both ways.

Not sure, sorry unable to reproduce your errors.
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:11 am

Never mind i found the issue. it only appears on modified firmware maybe folks are running Blissz firmware and having trouble i will have to check.
switchesanddials

Post by switchesanddials » Sun May 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Is this really true about making sure to add the c=coin before the m=solo?

I was mining solo for 10 days before checking my miner software before discovering I had mined 82 blocks but had only been credited for 3 of them in prohashing......I'm honestly not sure which order I had the c=/m= in however; I've changed it since then.

I even checked on the earnings page on prohashing to see that my miner was indeed running in "solo" mode......

But REALLY wanting to understand why my S9 said 82 found blocks while I only received 3 blocks in prohashing :(
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 13, 2018 3:50 pm

switchesanddials wrote:Is this really true about making sure to add the c=coin before the m=solo?

I was mining solo for 10 days before checking my miner software before discovering I had mined 82 blocks but had only been credited for 3 of them in prohashing......I'm honestly not sure which order I had the c=/m= in however; I've changed it since then.

I even checked on the earnings page on prohashing to see that my miner was indeed running in "solo" mode......

But REALLY wanting to understand why my S9 said 82 found blocks while I only received 3 blocks in prohashing :(
There were a few issues back in November that were resolved. Since then, however, we've proved that there is no extra money in our wallets, and the issue is definitely not that blocks have been found but not recorded.

This issue seems to have been appearing more often now, and every customer I can recall owned an S9. There was one customer who had two found blocks reported by the miner, when we recorded none. We looked at his earnings and the odds of his miners actually having found the blocks were less than 1 in 500.

I think there there is a firmware bug in these miners, or perhaps there is a misunderstanding in what it considers as a "found block."
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun May 13, 2018 6:08 pm

why bother, no one cares.
Last edited by CSZiggy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
switchesanddials

Post by switchesanddials » Mon May 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
There were a few issues back in November that were resolved. Since then, however, we've proved that there is no extra money in our wallets, and the issue is definitely not that blocks have been found but not recorded.

This issue seems to have been appearing more often now, and every customer I can recall owned an S9. There was one customer who had two found blocks reported by the miner, when we recorded none. We looked at his earnings and the odds of his miners actually having found the blocks were less than 1 in 500.

I think there there is a firmware bug in these miners, or perhaps there is a misunderstanding in what it considers as a "found block."
That could be true; and probably is. This was with an S9 (actually two S9's; one said it found 82 blocks and the other said 7 blocks found). I was solo mining DGB for those ten days and during a couple months mining DGB on another site with four S9's I had found around 60 blocks myself. So 89 blocks in total seemed pretty crazy and a bit surprising........but still possible and could be calculated if I had the stats of how many miners are continually solo mining DGB in prohashing during the time I was (at least it would paint a clearer picture if the odds were good or not of my miners collecting that many blocks); but as far as I know that isn't a viewable statistic anywhere in prohashing. ....

On a side note my L3's also read the correct values for found blocks in their software when compared to found blocks on prohashing though; and I believe that is the same software for the most part. And up until this solo mining instance in proshasing with those two S9's all my found blocks in prohashing matched the found blocks in the antminer software as well.

I'd just hate to leave $3K in possible DGB found block rewards on the table if for some reason I wasn't being credited by prohashing for the found blocks.......

And I'm supposing there's no way to find out which specific blocks were supposedly found by my miner now that I've changed my pool settings is there? :roll: