Now free treshold Rise to $999???

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
MinerMaximus

Now free treshold Rise to $999???

Post by MinerMaximus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:55 am

I just realized this change... what happened?
AppleMiner

Re: Now free treshold Rise to $999???

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:00 am

The price of BTC keeps rising to send on the network.
As the Bitcoin Cash gets more profitable, less workers on working the BTC system, so it costs more to send anything on it.

Hence, the minimums to send for payouts that are free go up higher.
DblD

Post by DblD » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:39 am

I mean we can all appreciate that transaction fees are gone up, but this is really bit excessive
MinerMaximus

Post by MinerMaximus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:51 am

Thanks Bitmain for pushing hard Bitcoin Cash...
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:34 am

So what are the transaction fees to get paid out now? I've two friends spitting nails because they were a hairs breadth away from hitting the $500 mark tonight, even with the crashing value of BTC, in order to cash out without a fee - and now they have to earn another $500 to do it "free".
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:04 am

DblD wrote:I mean we can all appreciate that transaction fees are gone up, but this is really bit excessive
How is it excessive at all? No one is forcing you to use the free threshold. The only way it would be excessive is if you couldn't go below that threshold.

You guys do realize the 5% fee we get takes care of the transaction fees right?

Do you also realize that 5% of 1000 is $50, meaning 5% of 500 is obviously $25, which is BELOW the transaction fee?

To expect the fee to stay at 500, when the the current average transaction fee is $32, would mean the 5% fee prohashing of that 500, being $25, would be completely eaten, plus an additional $7?

Do you think prohashing is running a charity where they should be spending more money then they are earning to pay us?

How does that make sense? Do you want prohashing to just, die?

Where are your guys' logic?
Ewil wrote:So what are the transaction fees to get paid out now? I've two friends spitting nails because they were a hairs breadth away from hitting the $500 mark tonight, even with the crashing value of BTC, in order to cash out without a fee - and now they have to earn another $500 to do it "free".
No one is forcing them to do it free.

If you want to know what the average transaction fees are at a time, there is this website:

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bi ... es.html#3m
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:11 am

If you don't need to get paid out immediately, I recommend waiting, since we plan to add support for Coinbase bitcoin payments in January. You won't lose any money, and then there will be no fee for everyday payment.
bsock

Post by bsock » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:07 am

#HatingCoinBaseRightNow
pavvappav

Post by pavvappav » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Doesn't holding a large amount of Bitcoin due to high fees make PH a target like NH was? PH isn't a bank. Perhaps a way to Exchange people's locked up BTC for something that is moveable, like LTC. I know PH isn't an exchange either.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:06 pm

IF they are even allowed to do that. That may change the nature of the company, from providing service to providing banking.