Block Found - Coin Matured - How much to the Founder?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
RapidShade

Block Found - Coin Matured - How much to the Founder?

Post by RapidShade » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:38 am

Hi,

When a miner finds a block, and the coins is matured, how much does the miner gets from the displayed Miner's Reward?
I'm asking for a Litecoin block, but I guess the question is generalized to other coins as well!

Thanks!
Aura89

Re: Block Found - Coin Matured - How much to the Founder?

Post by Aura89 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:07 am

None if you are not solomining
RapidShade

Post by RapidShade » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 am

I don't think that's accurate, otherwise, what's the reason to list it in the earnings > Found Blocks dashboard?
gpopprohashing

Post by gpopprohashing » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:16 pm

that info is there for solo miners, for everybody else it's just so you have an idea what blocks you hit
Tupsu

Post by Tupsu » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:27 pm

If you want reward for the LTC block, you have to mine here http://ltc.tbdice.org/index.htm
Anonymous solo Litecoin & Dogecoin mm mining pool
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:51 pm

or you can add the m=solo c=coin parameters and mine whatever coin you want here solo.

But you have to decide if you want to mine solo or in the pool and split all the rewards.
RapidShade

Post by RapidShade » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Thank you all for your answers.

I'm really disappointed. The block reward was 3480$ :(

Thanks again.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:18 am

RapidShade wrote:Thank you all for your answers.

I'm really disappointed. The block reward was 3480$ :(

Thanks again.
There's really nothing to be disappointed about. You're not solomining. Expecting to have a reward for this, while also getting constant payment, does not make sense. The fact that your machine is the one that found the reward does not change the fact that everyone is in this together.

Let me put it this way:

If you were to get a portion of the reward, since you found it, overall, everyone would earn less. That would mean you, as well, would earn less. Then, you'd just have to sit there and hope you'd make up that difference if your machine was one of the lucky ones to find a block, and hope it continues to find blocks consistantly, to make up the difference for you making less since people get a cut of the blocks they find while pool mining.

All you could hope for then, would be that your machine finds enough blocks to make the same amount of money you are currently, and the likelihood of that is not very likely. It's more likely you'd be making, overall, less, and that someone else would be lucky, taking the profits you could have had.

As well, all that system would do, is penalize lower performing systems.

So i'm not sure why you're disappointed to be making the most money you could be.