Help me understand...

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
3Moose

Help me understand...

Post by 3Moose » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:36 am

I understand that profitability is falling because of various difficultly issues. That's life.

What I don't understand is how the pool earnings can go below litecoin. If litecoin is the base, and we mine all coins that are profitable at litecoin or better, how can we ever be below litecoin in earnings (less pool fees)?

Is the low profitability a function of having to pay in BTC and the fact that when BTC rises it essentially takes away for pool profitability?
Jakeg5280

Re: Help me understand...

Post by Jakeg5280 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:44 am

i hear ya.
no matter how cool the bros are, they have a problem if they cant add a few % to litecoin mining.
3Moose

Re: Help me understand...

Post by 3Moose » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:09 am

I am just curious as matter of operations. I am curious as a business person really... I know they get hammered when BTC rises fast... I am just curious of the loss in BTC is socialized.